Not Much, but never know what one will find

BGHAWK

I normally do not post much because I have nothing note worthy to show or tell about. Normally a few cents of clad and some junk jewelry, and I still do not have anything worth of posting. :no:
I have LOVED this hobby sent I was a teenager and always surprised at what odd things one might find.

Pictured are a couple of coins I found this week in a sports field in KY.

They aren't from around here ?! - But landed in KY a long ways from home.

BGHawk

Attachments

• 20180419_064331.jpg
    20180419_064331.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 20180419_064252.jpg
    20180419_064252.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 215
Beautiful! I got one of those V Carranzas once! Nearly fell over dead! Thought it was a big $100 Gold coin with Theodore Roosevelt on the front of it! Or Taft or somebody!

Haha! Memories of finds found! Heck, it was in my first year hunting nearly 10yrs ago and I still remember it to this day! Raining to be damned it was!....Great trophy and post! Well worthy!

Nice Find! The first time that I dug one of those type coins, I thought that I had found a lot of money, until I did a google search. damn! lol

beephead

Beautiful! I got one of those V Carranzas once! Nearly fell over dead! Thought it was a big $100 Gold coin with Theodore Roosevelt on the front of it! Or Taft or somebody!

Haha! Memories of finds found! Heck, it was in my first year hunting nearly 10yrs ago and I still remember it to this day! Raining to be damned it was!....Great trophy and post! Well worthy!

The VDI for the V Carranzas coin was a 64 on the White V3i which is above the normal gold VDI numbers for the V3i. I dug the hole and saw the coin which was on it's edge. It had some weight to it as I pulled it out of the hole and like you saw what appeared to be $100 and the face like Theodore Roosevelt. The coin was dirty and the beard was not showing due to the dirt and the back was covered. The thought of a gold coin crossed my mind causing by heart to briefly race. I had put the detector down in order to dig the plug and quickly picked it up and rescanned over the muddy coin hoping for GOLD VDI numbers since the coin was out of the ground. But that was not to be. I cleared the back of the coin and saw the Mexicanos and also the coloring was more brass like than gold.
You never know what one might find while detecting. I would LOVE TO FIND the valuable stuff, but truly enjoy the hobby and adventure of detecting.

BGHawk

Congrats, I dug the same one yesterday, Had me goin for a little while. HH Mark

Wow isn't that ironic to have also dug the same kind of foreign coin at about the same time.
It had me going some also. The V3i is usually accurate in it assessment of the metal and It was telling me I am not having any part of your hoping for GOLD :no:

BGHawk

Hi, nice looking coins, great photos. HH Jerry

Taken with my phone camera. The phone/camera technology sure has come a long ways.

those are great finds.. I personally would be stoked to of found them agree Great Photos

I enjoy finding things I have never seen before

Its more about the hunt and getting out, the finds are just a bonus! Cool foreign coins!

Yep, Good to get away and get some exercise. My doctor wants me to walk of which I do not enjoy doing much, but put a detector in my hand and I will walk all day over an area. :grin:

Those things are everywhere!
I have no doubt they are, but both coins were first for me :grin: Being in KY
both coins are a little bit far from their home countries, I can better understand finding a coin from Mexico, but the coin from Romania :?:

Congrats on your finds and I totally agree with the last post. We all love to get out there and do our thing. HH and good luck to all.

Indeed, for myself I enjoy the hobby. My wife and kids think I am crazy doing this hobby and do not see the point. :?:
For myself I would love to figure out a way to make a living doing this :yes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom