Hunt At My Honey Hole (Insanely Deep Silver!)

HistoryFinder89

Elite Member
Hey Folks, I went back to my honey hole park yesterday, and as I drove up to my usual section I hunt, it was being used for a large gathering once again :roll:, so I decided to head to another section of the park, and I stayed there for a little while. I started digging extremely deep memorial pennies here. These were down nearly 9 inches :shock:! I have never ever dug memorial pennies that deep, or seen anybody dig them that deep in front of me, and I dug some really deep ones over the years. I was very discouraged, but I knew with my sensitivity cranked to 30, like I usually have to keep it at this park, I could have a shot at the deeper older coins in this section. I got two signals, that barely gave me a sound on my E-trac. Keep in mind, stuff sinks so deep here, I don't even look at my numbers anymore here, I just go by faint sounds. I dug down about 8 to 9 inches, and still the pinpointer wasn't going off. Then I dug down about 10 inches and it started chirping. I dug down what had to be at least 11 inches, and seen the back on a SLQ looking at me. That is one of the deepest coins I have ever dug. I stuck the pinpointer in the hole for measurement, and the top of the hole was a few inches above the top of the pinpointer. The SLQ would end up being a slick one. This is my first time digging a Stander in two consecutive hunts! I also would dig another insanely deep 1949 Washington quarter. And I also found a nice old tie clasp looking relic, I'm not 100 percent sure, though, if anyone knows of this design or how old, please let me know, thanks. If I were to tell some of the local veteran hunters in my area, where I am pulling all of this silver from, they would probably laugh in my face :lol:. After a short hunt here, I drove down to another town to meet up with another buddy, who is entering into the hobby with his new bounty hunter. We hit a couple of really really dry sites from my old stomping grounds :lol: I was happy to see him pull a nice 1934 Wheatie at the one site, and then at the second site he picked up a little clad, and then I scored a 1945 Merc, that I somehow missed :lol:, and a James Polk token. Now I won't be hunting for a little while, and also we are going to be getting more uncomfortable heat next week, so I doubt, I'll be able to get out for the couple times during the week like I usually do. I just hate that disgusting humid weather we get this time of year :mad:! But this good news is just a couple months of summer left :D. Well anyway here are the finds, thanks for looking and Happy Hunting Everyone!

Attachments

• SAM_3277.jpg
    SAM_3277.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 604
  • SAM_3282.jpg
    SAM_3282.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 592
  • SAM_3284.jpg
    SAM_3284.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 613
  • SAM_3269.jpg
    SAM_3269.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 694
  • SAM_3273.jpg
    SAM_3273.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 621
  • SAM_3295.jpg
    SAM_3295.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 591
  • SAM_3293.jpg
    SAM_3293.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 672
  • SAM_3296.jpg
    SAM_3296.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 603
  • SAM_3297.jpg
    SAM_3297.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 591
  • SAM_3298.jpg
    SAM_3298.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 581
  • SAM_3299.jpg
    SAM_3299.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 691
  • SAM_3290.jpg
    SAM_3290.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 592
  • SAM_3286.jpg
    SAM_3286.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 590
  • SAM_3287.jpg
    SAM_3287.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 590
  • SAM_3279.jpg
    SAM_3279.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 679
  • SAM_3280.jpg
    SAM_3280.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 595
An old school house I hunted this spring had deep memorials. The school was on a hill and the farther down the hill I got the deeper they were. I made it half ways down the hill and they were over 8" and to deep to read. Way to rock the SLQ's!

I hate finding deep memorials like that. It could at least be a wheatie for making ya dig that deep:laughing:

I'm amazed at this park of yours. That token is super cool.

Now youe making me want to dig those little squeaks that are past the identifier but still a high tone.....

gonna need a bigger shovel.

Good digs!!

Pawaide

Dude I dont know how you do that a park thats been swung over n over silver as deep as china and your finding silver like its clad you are a SILVER magnet CONGRATS

I hate the way they sound, but, I guess one of these days I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get an Etrac--they just flat go deep and find stuff!

Congrats on the faint signal recoveries! Good job!

Great job on the SLQ; knowing your machine pays off!!! The relic is a tie bar for sure, likely from the 50's era. Seen a few in older relatives collections over the years!!!

Back
Top Bottom