Is this my best choice?

outdoorz

Ok, I currently have a Whites Classic II. Its a great little detector but its time for a upgrade!! And I want to get one before the spring comes. However I just cant decide what to get. Right now I am looking at the Garret AT PRO but after looking at forums all I see is...... (No xxxxxx is a better choice I love my at pro my ap pro doesnt get past 4 inches garret sucks and so forth) So after looking at posts like these should I rethink my choice? I really want to have a good reliable target ID which after looking at videos the at pro seems to have one :) However is there anything else thats a better choice for me? Here are some things I will be doing.
Budget= 600
I will beach hunt some but I wont take it in the water
I live in Williamsburg VA.
Right now I get about 4 inches so I want at least 6 or 8 inches.
Thanks

I have an at pro I'm new guy too so I dont have alot of time on it. But I can tell you this after you use the at pro for awhile you will notice that the number readings for coins are dead on everytime and I dug a clad quarter at about 6 inches last weekend. I think it's a great machine. I started with an f2 which is also a good machine, my wife started hunting with me so I gave it to her and bought an at pro. I still don't know all the ins and outs of the at pro but the more I use it the better it gets.

I have an at pro I'm new guy too so I dont have alot of time on it. But I can tell you this after you use the at pro for awhile you will notice that the number readings for coins are dead on everytime and I dug a clad quarter at about 6 inches last weekend. I think it's a great machine. I started with an f2 which is also a good machine, my wife started hunting with me so I gave it to her and bought an at pro. I still don't know all the ins and outs of the at pro but the more I use it the better it gets.

Thanks for information. Could you see your detector going 8 inches or 10?

Budget= 600

How about the White's Prizm 6T. It's got a beach mode so when you get close to the salt wet sand you press the Beach button and it sets itself up for searching in salty wet sand. It's $599, and maybe you can find it slightly lower if you call around, I don't know.

Ok, I currently have a Whites Classic II. Its a great little detector but its time for a upgrade!! And I want to get one before the spring comes. However I just cant decide what to get. Right now I am looking at the Garret AT PRO but after looking at forums all I see is...... (No xxxxxx is a better choice I love my at pro my ap pro doesnt get past 4 inches garret sucks and so forth) So after looking at posts like these should I rethink my choice? I really want to have a good reliable target ID which after looking at videos the at pro seems to have one :) However is there anything else thats a better choice for me? Here are some things I will be doing.
Budget= 600
I live in Williamsburg VA.
Right now I get about 4 inches so I want at least 6 or 8 inches.
Thanks

Outdoorz,
The AT Pro is a great machine. Great all around machine. Also look at the Teknetics omega 8000. Awesome coin machine. Give ma a call and I can help you with you decision. Make your great deal as well! Thanks, bart

With mine I have dug a 56 quarter 10 inches and a mercury dime at 9 inches. I routinely dig target 6-10 deep. I have no regrets about it and it is very fast recovery speed. I swing fast and it has no problem with close multiple targets. One thing I really like is it is waterproof and I don't have to be afraid of the rain and mud. Call several of our sponsors, I think you will really be surprised at the price.

Outdoorz,
The AT Pro is a great machine. Great all around machine. Also look at the Teknetics omega 8000. Awesome coin machine. Give ma a call and I can help you with you decision. Make your great deal as well! Thanks, bart

Im looking for any thing that can be found so not 100% coins. So is the at pro above the 8000?

Never used an 8000 but I know it tells me whatever is I the ground. I have found gold and silver with mine, good for relics also. My jewelry all came from Ohio dirt and not beaches, but I did us it At myrtle beach in wet sand with no problems. Only hunted about 4 hours total, just clad and junk while there.

I hear so many bad things about Garrett but i love mine (actually have 3 of them for many years). I have an old Grandmaster hunter CXIII (15+ years old) and hunted along newer models of other brands. We all found the same junk. Nobody noticed much of a difference. We took turns scanning the same targets. Why does garrett get a bad wrap?

I have an AT Pro and have hit some deep targets(10+ inches), but I sure would like to try out the new AT Gold. I am curious as to how a threshold detector compares to a silent search machine. Try contacting folks in your area that have a detector you are interested in buying and get a first hand demo before spending the big bucks. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom