A weekend of GREAT finds, 6 silver, 2 indians, and relics

goes4ever

Elite Member
Didn't have time to post till now, these finds are from friday-sunday

Friday nite after work I met up with Kyle Nooberz and we went and knocked on doors...we found an old farm house and got permission. I got a few wheats and then I got a 4-5" deep quarter signal, opened up the plug and I first saw the coin impression in the bottom of the plug, looked into the hole and saw a silver Washington, it was 1940, pull it out and underneath it was a no date SLQ, nice little silver spill!.....BUT no indians....odd for a farm!:?:

Saturday met up with Kyle and Jaime, and hunted curbs in town, I started hitting wheats, then finally I nabbed a merc dime and a 1946 rosie......but once again...NO indians....oh man this aint good....lol:lol:

Sunday we went door knocking again, first house we hit I got 2 wheats, thats it!....Onto house #2 where I got the silver war nickel, 1918 merc dime, wheats, lead toy, play coins. They are at least dated....was about to leave and checked the curb strip nabbed an 1900 indian..FINALLY!!!:D
Headed to a farm just outside of town, there I got more wheats, the 1880 indian, the large good for $1.00 token, 1940 rabies tag and skeleton key.

So a fun filled weekend of hunting with good friends and good weather!

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

Very nice finds! Two quarters in one hole is SWEET!:yes: I hope to find a few Indian heads this year, much less in one weekend. Indians are hard to find around here.:mad:

Knock knock

What a great weekend for you and your buds? Knocking on doors is getting you some very nice finds. And those curbs certainly produce well don't they? I have to restart my engine and follow in those footprints. WTG

found this on google about the anchor buggy item I found today:
The Anchor Buggy was a short-lived United States automobile manufacturer; the High wheeler was manufactured by the Anchor Buggy and Carriage Company in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States in 1910 and 1911.

I dont know about the rest but that quarter is worth $50, its not junk its in one of the books at my old club. I tossed mine thinking it was worthless. It's the same quarter, I would check on the rest if I were you. The silver is worth nothing compared to those fake coins.....

WTG.......

I dont know about the rest but that quarter is worth $50, its not junk its in one of the books at my old club. I tossed mine thinking it was worthless. It's the same quarter, I would check on the rest if I were you. The silver is worth nothing compared to those fake coins.....

WTG.......

are you serious? the play money?

are you serious? the play money?

NO joke at all, I mess around a lot but I had a nickel and a quarter same year the quarter was $50 I mean condition wise they were about the same but as with any dealer you lose but its the exact quarter. Antique stores may take them, I know one in my area that will. I was looking threw a token book at my club tell me my face didnt turn red:mad: I had just tossed it as if it were junk, I would think It could fetch at least $25 if not more to the right place.......

The rest may be more that $1???? Worth the trip to barnes and nobel thats for sure........

THe dimes and the quarter are from the same time frame and same batch....

http://blog.timesunion.com/chuckmiller/remembering-uncle-sam-3-coin-register-banks/936/

I cant find the book that I saw it in, but this is some of the history of how and what the coins are, to bad you didnt pull up a cash register.......

Back
Top Bottom