What Was Your Grossest Find?

SmirkAtTheMerc

Elite Member
Well, I’ve never found anything too gross, what about you guys?

:worms:

Well, I did find a piece of gum in one of my holes!

Last edited:
Two very recently dropped coins with gum stuck between them.

Several thermometers. I always think that's sort of gross.

Retainer.

So, this wasn't metal detecting, but I was on my way to metal detect and stopped in a gas station bathroom. There was a quarter sitting on the back of the toilet. No thanks!

My grossest find was a used condom in the chips at the bottom of the slide in a tot lot.

I found a cocaine spoon, you know those pendants upscale users used to wear around their neck? The pendant was filled with cocaine and the insert was a small spoon to snort off of.

I still have it somewhere, haven’t used it yet though.

I found a cocaine spoon, you know those pendants upscale users used to wear around their neck? The pendant was filled with cocaine and the insert was a small spoon to snort off of.

I still have it somewhere, haven’t used it yet though.

There used to be small tube style pendants with elaborate designs. Some in the shape of a spur. Silver were common back in the day. Gold ones were rare and are sought after today.

There used to be small tube style pendants with elaborate designs. Some in the shape of a spur. Silver were common back in the day. Gold ones were rare and are sought after today.

I think the one I found is pewter, but it is an elaborate design for sure.

I found a few grills with the waxxy stuff still inside, that's pretty gross. But when I first started detecting years ago I dug up an antique little embossed medicine ointment tin thing. I thought it was cool as heck since the hobby was brand new to me back then and I hadn't found much. Sitting there opening it and rubbing the front of it. It said "cure for piles". Got home and did a bunch of searching on what piles was. Yeah...it's hemorrhoids, I know that now. Gross :roll:

Digging in a park I hit a two inch insect pupa that started leaking white crud. The signal was a modern spoon

Something I found a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
WARNING:Post contains pictures not suitable for young children!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED :laughing:

Attachments

• 0320190950_Film4.jpg
    0320190950_Film4.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 4,571
  • 0320190950a_Film4.jpg
    0320190950a_Film4.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 4,570
Back
Top Bottom