Here's a good true cache story for you all.

Paulb

A few years ago when I lived in Delaware,Ohio I was driving a cab and we had this mother and son we used to pick up all the time.She was in her 70's and he was in his 30-40's and he was a mentally challenged(PC Correct I hope).Not to be rude but these were not the cleanest people and she always smelled like urine,which isn't very pleasant in the winter time when the heater is on and the windows are up.He was very nice but she was awful and she was very mean to him.Anyways we would pick them up from the grocerry store all the time.I used to talk to them and I found out that her husband was killed in an accident back in the 70's at the same Factory both my Parents worked at.Well I would always help them carry their groceries.Usually she said just to leave them by the front door and he would take them inside.Well one time I went in and they had stuff piled from the floor to the ceiling everywhere.Rolls and rolls of papertowels and toiletpaper everwhere still wrapped up,newspapers and alot more.When they would pay me the money always looked old.Well when she died the county agency that deals with mentally challeged people removed him from the house because of the conditions there.The city decided to tear down the house.When they started worker began finding money stashed all around the house.They were finding paper money and coinage hidden all over the house.After the house was torn down they started on the yard and began uncovering buried money there.I believe they found a couple hundred thousand all together.All the found money was placed into a trust found for him and the city got someone to handle it for him.It turns out the money came from the settlement from the accident plus his SSI and I believe her and her sons SSI.I would still love to search that yard but they built another house there already.I tried to get the actual story from the Delaware Gazette Newspaper but you have to have a subscription to it now to access the online edition.

Wow that is a good story. And what a good job for gleaning historic information. I never really thought about cab driving that way.

That was really cool PaulB 8) Considering how many "excentric" people there are out there, (I am not talking mentally challenged either) we should have lots of places to hunt :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm pretty sure the city cleaned the lot out when it realized what was there.But don't they always.LOL.My Dad told me a story about a guy in Kentucky where he grew up that buried a huge cache on the land they grew up on that I would love to find.

Back
Top Bottom