Medallion of the Occult?

Cwsearcher

I found this medallion today in a park. It is the size of a half dollar. Unfortunately it does not appear to be silver. I have searched the net and did not find anything even close. Also a picture search did not come up with any results. Any help with an ID would be appreciated.

picture.php
picture.php

I've seen something like this on here before but I can't remember what it is. [emoji848] I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Cliff

It possibly could be a Jewish faith medallion what with the star of David as the center focal point.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Occult symbols typically don't use the Star of David, but only the five-pointed star, and it's arranged such that it has one point down, and two points up. The points then relate to a goat's beard, (down), the ears, and the horns, at least that's what I've read in books. (Yes, I've read up on the subject for knowledge's sake.)

I think others are steering you correctly with the Wicca references. And you might want to check and see if those are Greek hieroglyphs.

Roger

Just a thought, but you could go to a Jewish Temple and ask a Rabbi if he thinks that it pertains to the Hebrew faith.

Thanks all for the replies. Researching just the symbols only one or two of the small ones in the inside triangles resemble Hebrew. The others are still unidentified. I have looked through all the ancient languages I could think of with no luck. I'll keep digging, maybe I'll find the rosetta stone. Thanks again.HH

Great! You identified the symbols. Now to put them all together for the meaning. It does bear a very close resemblance to the Talisman of the Moon, a travelers charm. It may in fact be silver. I will have to test it. The small symbols are also part of the Zodiac alphabet. Thanks all for the Id.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom