Back to the Woods

mysteriousnesss

Elite Member
This weekend I was afforded the opportunity to return to my favorite tract of woods. I ended up leaving with quite the assortment of finds. I managed to find a silver Roosevelt dime, part of sterling silver utensil, and a bunch of unknown items. I'm not sure on the age or composition of the bird pendant but it certainly looks nice. I think my best find has to be the buckle I ended up finding. It was coming in really scratchy and was at least 12 inches deep.

Attachments

• 20190817_224119.jpg
    20190817_224119.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 309
  • 20190818_150515.jpg
    20190818_150515.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 334
  • 20190818_150451.jpg
    20190818_150451.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 295
Oh yea, nice colonial shoe buckle! Completely intact too, saaaweeet! The sterling handle might be off of a hair brush, is there wood inside? Great hunting, congrats!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the encouragement. This is definitely the oldest thing I've ever dug. Although I miss digging in Boston, the very little change the North Shore has undergone over the years has finally allowed me the opportunity to find items much older than what I'm used to.

A relicky buckle things like that, dripping with age, are sometimes more sought after than coins. They look so cool in a shadow box display :)

I can't wait to redo my shadow boxes. Everything I've found used to be in a lighted display case. That is...until the display was filled within six months of getting it...

Love that shoe buckle. Very nice.

I have found two frames exactly like that one but both were missing the chap & tongue.

Fabulous! I just got a lead on an old road which was closed off years ago...and apparenty unexplored. Waiting for mid Sept. to hunt it. Hope I have a tenth of your success.

Back
Top Bottom