!!!? "Detector Protector?!" LOL

Scott2373

Here is a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-DETECTOR-PROTECTOR-EMI-RFI-Interference-FILTER-Reusable-Made-in-USA-/182094870430?hash=item2a65b3379e:g:3HYAAOSw1ZBUweyt
All I can think of is those snap-on fuel line magnets that are supposed to magically "ionize" your fuel to get better mileage...I'm new to this forum - and this hobby, for that matter, so I don't know if this sort of thing has been around for a while. Sorry if this has previously been ridiculed. I've seen ferrite chokes on monitor and printer cables, but I don't see how it would work in this application. Thoughts, comments, anecdotes?

From an engineering standpoint, I think its efficacy would be more pronounced if it were installed closer to the coil... but what do I know? I do not see how it could affect signals going through the wire from coil to box and back again. Nope. Sorry.

Sounds like BatSqueeze to me!

SageGrouse

Heres a thread where they were discussed before....

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=96095

Too bad the last post was in 2012. Tripperman79 never got back with any results. I actually thought about sacrificing one of the MANY spare computer cords I have, to try it. Of course, I've used my detector only once, so I'd have no way of knowing if it had any effect. At any rate, I don't think it would do any harm either...

Won't have any effect at all, they are for keeping EMI from getting out, and interfering with other electronics nearby. They are very cheap. If there were any real advantage, they would be on every detector already.

Won't have any effect at all, they are for keeping EMI from getting out, and interfering with other electronics nearby. They are very cheap. If there were any real advantage, they would be on every detector already.

+1

Soooo in other words... the device, by actively beaming, should prevent interference from masking the target as it is attached to the machine? But instead is just hype and advertising by a speaker who is trying to make money off it. But those who know have tried the device and, upon examination, found it not to be true.

So the Detector Protector projector should hector the Nectar vector detector connector, says the lector collector! While the correcter subjector, the director inspector, (and objector,) has conjectured the detector protector is BatSqueeze.

Sage(We checked her!)Grouse

Back
Top Bottom