Any bug experts/entusiasts?

stealer

Elite Member
Hey guys, today in a rain gutter I spotted two very unique looking spiders. At least, I'm sure one of them is a spider :roll:. I am currently in Taiwan if that helps with the identification. No pictures, sorry :no:

Spider 1:

- ~1/2 in long
- looks like a normal spider
- back looks like a shiny beetle's back (it is reflective)
- back color is mix of yellow and silver

Spider 2:

- ~1 1/2 in long
- looks like a pine needle!
- very thin, green all around with light yellow at the end
- legs fold in to form front of needle shape
- when it climbs its web, the front of the "spider" opens up while the back still remains stick-like

So if there are any bug experts out there it would be great if you could identify them for fun! :D I am by no means a spider enthusiast, in fact, I think they are quite gross. I just found them to be very weird and interesting! :yes:

Did you bring your Metal detector?It's been a few years since I've been to Tawain.last trip spent a few days in Taipei,then took the train to Huelian and where the resorts are with the hot springs,drove back up the coast.Love the food will be going back in March of 2011.Sorry don't know the spiders.Have a good time!!!!!!

What is it about spiders we all hate? They creep me out too. I've been more comfortable diving around our reefs with small sharks than crawling under my workshop with all those spiders and hornets.

OT

I really love the Camel Spiders......

Attachments

• large-camel-spider.jpg
    large-camel-spider.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom