• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

bullets

booker

Forum Supporter
This is for the bullet experts. ID these 4. No prize just for fun

001-23.jpg

:lol: Good job Old. The U.S. Military (the last I read anyway) has been rethinking the 9mm ( NATO B.S.) and are looking at going back to the .45 cal. Must have got tired of the 9mm bouncing off windshelds

:lol: Good job Old. The U.S. Military (the last I read anyway) has been rethinking the 9mm ( NATO B.S.) and are looking at going back to the .45 cal. Must have got tired of the 9mm bouncing off windshelds

I laughed when I read the time stamp. On first viewing I thought it might be a .380 but had some doubt.

Aren't there a lot of guys buying their own 1911s and Sig 220s over there now? I don't know anything about military regulations but I've seen lots of photos of men with 1911s tied to their legs along with one whole outfit that carried the Sig 220 which is a .45acp. One soldier mentions this to the camera.

What an awful place to be in summer with the max heat.

OT

I may be wrong but I think the special Ops kept using the .45 because of the stopping power. They are also looking at changing the cal. being used rifles in Afghanistan

I think they are staying with the Stoner platform but experimenting with a slightly larger 6.8 or 7mm round? This with the M-16 or one of its offspring but throwing a heavier bullet. I never thought a .22 was much of a military caliber. Unless you are declaring war on some farmer's pasture of woodchucks. (dug in woodchucks - they're tough hombres)

OT

Back
Top Bottom