First Hunt with Repaired F2

TwistedT

Elite Member
Hey All,

Was finally able to test out my repaired F2. Was kind of anxious about trying it out but needed to be checked.

Went to a park near my house - had the 8" coil on. Noticed that the coil was a little more sensitive than before, at least in my mind. Turned the detector on and started.
No good hits for a little while, was starting to wonder if it was working correctly. Than I got a a semi-solid hit 50-54 on the VDI. Decided to dig and out came the copper/brass ring with 9 diamonds - at first i thought it was gold but no luck, I think its just a junker. Not a complete ring a section out of the back is missing and no markings on it.

My next hit was a solid 24-25 on the VDI (foil) dug it and out popped the chain -dont know what its made of, no clasps on either end and about 18" total length. If anybody has any idea what this metal may be let me know. Possibly white gold?

Then I started to hit a little clad - numbers and VDI correct on the detector.
The only thing is in the zinc-penny range it doesnt seem as stable as it was before, used to pull a lot more pennies out but i've already hit this area before so I may have gotten the easy ones out.

All in all a good day - a little clad and am happy that the F2 seems to be working correctly again and I am back detecting. :grin:

Attachments

• IMG1.jpg
    IMG1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 153
Thanks guys ! it feels good to be back detecting!

Digger27 - do you really think it could be silver? even though it rang up as 24-25 foil?

Sure...it looks like silver from here.
If it came out of the ground clean or cleaned up easily after you dug it that is another clue.
Chains are weird because of something called Eddy currents.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=92970

Chances are you will never find a silver chain that comes in where other silver does...in dimes or quarters unless it is humongous.

If it was spread out it probably would have come in closer to iron.
I assume it was balled up a bit so it came in slightly higher.
These are all silver chains I have found in the last year or so.
The biggest one only came in at zinc.

I dig all solid signals in all ranges because of this phenomena too, not just because gold comes in all over the place.

Attachments

• silver chains section.jpg
    silver chains section.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 108
Sure...it looks like silver from here.
If it came out of the ground clean or cleaned up easily after you dug it that is another clue.
Chains are weird because of something called Eddy currents.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=92970

Chances are you will never find a silver chain that comes in where other silver does...in dimes or quarters unless it is humongous.

If it was spread out it probably would have come in closer to iron.
I assume it was balled up a bit so it came in slightly higher.
These are all silver chains I have found in the last year or so.
The biggest one only came in at zinc.

I dig all solid signals in all ranges because of this phenomena too, not just because gold comes in all over the place.

Thanks for that info digger27 - I just assumed if it was silver it would come in as silver. I guess you learn something new everyday.

It came out of the ground just like it is pictured - it was balled up a little and spread out the rest of the way.

I will have that thing checked out !

GL and HH

Thanks for that info digger27 - I just assumed if it was silver it would come in as silver. I guess you learn something new everyday.

If I am around I kinda force you to.
It is for your own good so soak it up.

It came out of the ground just like it is pictured - it was balled up a little and spread out the rest of the way.

I will have that thing checked out !

GL and HH

I would...I bet it is silver just like I thought.

Back
Top Bottom