F2 Repaired - UPDATE 10-31-13

TwistedT

Elite Member
Hello All,

Finally got my F2 back from Fisher after being repaired - they said they replaced the housing connector and field tested it using my 3 coils.

Did a quick test in the house using the 4" and 8" coils - 4" coil was rock solid and numbers read correctly, dime was a dime a quarter was a quarter.

Tested with the 8" coil - picked up some EMI from inside (expected this) turned down the sensitivity and tested - numbers were solid. Still getting some weird readings but this is probably from the EMI inside the house.

Will test outside tomorrow if not raining - if all goes well will be detecting my favorite park on Sunday. It has been a looooong 2 weeks without detecting, but I am back in business. YEEHAW!!!!!

may i ask what was wrong with it? i think there maybe a problem with mine. every once in a while mine goes crazy and makes tons of noise and im not around anything that would mess it up. i also cant turn the sensitivity past two bars no matter where im hunting. also how long was the turn around time?

may i ask what was wrong with it? i think there maybe a problem with mine. every once in a while mine goes crazy and makes tons of noise and im not around anything that would mess it up. i also cant turn the sensitivity past two bars no matter where im hunting. also how long was the turn around time?

The coil connector on the case was bad. Mine would do something similar. Kept beeping and numbers flashing in the mid 50's.

Well it took 5 days to get there(UPS), 1 day to fix it and 5 days(FEDEX) to get it back.

can you do a factory reset on it? and make sure the connector is tight. Make sure batteries are installed correctly.

If none of these seem to work it may be worth giving them a call.
How old is your detector? mine was 3 months old.

Wasnt able to test the F2 yesterday so it had to wait till today.

When I did a quick test in the house last night I noticed that my F2 with 8" coil was now more sensitive to EMI than it was before - now I know what other people were talking about. The 4" coil was very stable - not affected by the EMI.

When I got home tonight i grabbed some coins from my coin jar and went out to the yard to test. Turned on the unit by doing a factory reset,

No noticeable EMI interference - put the coins on some bare spots and tested. All sounds were correct as well as the VDI numbers. Moved around yard and did not notice any interference.

I have now confirmed that I have a repaired/good as new F2. Very Happy with it.

Now I need to make up the 2 weeks I lost.

The coil connector on the case was bad. Mine would do something similar. Kept beeping and numbers flashing in the mid 50's.

Well it took 5 days to get there(UPS), 1 day to fix it and 5 days(FEDEX) to get it back.

can you do a factory reset on it? and make sure the connector is tight. Make sure batteries are installed correctly.

If none of these seem to work it may be worth giving them a call.
How old is your detector? mine was 3 months old.

mine is about a year and a half old its been doing it on and off for about 8 months now somedays its perfect and others it goes nuts. how do you do a factory reset?

mine is about a year and a half old its been doing it on and off for about 8 months now somedays its perfect and others it goes nuts. how do you do a factory reset?

that is odd - to do a factory reset, hold the power button in for about 10 seconds when you power it up.

does it do it in the same places all the time? maybe it is some type of EMI that is messing with it.

Does it do it with all the coils?

Also when you put on a new coil can you tell if that connector is loose? with the unit on touch the connector - if it moves and goes crazy, you may have a bad connector.

Back
Top Bottom