City Owned House

kurtmj76

So, I've noticed that in the city I live in the city owns several homes that were gutted and refurbished in a stimulus plan. The house has remained empty for over 2 years and within the last few months, I noticed that the city has placed a "for sale by City of Moline" sign in the front yard.

I plan on asking the city if I could detect 1) the boulevard and 2) the yard. I don't think that I'll get an okay for the property itself but it's worth a shot.

Have any of you done anything like this?

Kurt

I have detected just about all city owned property in my town and no one has even blinked an eye at me....I have had police go by on many occasions and just wave. All the curb strips in my town are owned by city and I hunt them when I have no where else to go. The city has empty lots and a few with junky houses slated to be tore down, never had one bit of trouble hunting any of these areas

I have detected just about all city owned property in my town and no one has even blinked an eye at me....I have had police go by on many occasions and just wave. All the curb strips in my town are owned by city and I hunt them when I have no where else to go. The city has empty lots and a few with junky houses slated to be tore down, never had one bit of trouble hunting any of these areas

Same here and this city has many properties they have acquired over the years. The county has many properties as well that are for sale from tax liens, most are now empty lots where old houses once stood.

Its not the same as public property even though the city owns it , if its a home for sale then they have more interest in what goes on there. I would have run the risk of being run off , but I think I wouldnt have asked , Id just go there and be as inconspicous as possible , leaving no sign that I was there. The house is empty and owned by the city , but 99.9 % of the time they will tell you no to avoid liability , when you could have gone out there and nobody would say a word.

Back
Top Bottom