Sometimes, comedy writes itself...

BottleCapKing

Elite Member
amirite?

Attachments

• mpnh.png
    mpnh.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 185
I didn't get it right away, but then it "clicked" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

It got me to thinking (and you know how dangerous that can be :lol:) of how Mud would have fit in on any past jobs he had.

Suppose he had worked for the store "Bed, Bath, and Beyond" .......guess which department he likely would have worked in....... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

beyond_dept_mud.jpg

I didn't get it right away, but then it "clicked" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

It got me to thinking (and you know how dangerous that can be :lol:) of how Mud would have fit in on any past jobs he had.

Suppose he had worked for the store "Bed, Bath, and Beyond" .......guess which department he likely would have worked in....... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

View attachment 407505

That is pretty scary! Did he drive to work in a windowless, white panel van?

Ive had a lot of jobs in my time...probably my very favorite though was being a gravedigger in the early 80's...Yep, with a pick and shovel and wheelbarrow...$100 per hole...You work at your own pace, no customer complaints, nice peaceful setting, performance based pay, etc...

In old boneyards, where you cant get a backhoe into, all the graves had to be dug by hand...I was doing 2-3/week for a couple of years, pounding down through 2' of frost even..In Northern MN west of Bemidji.....A guy had to wheelbarrow off 52 loads of overburden...dodging stones, keeping balance... Man, I was in shape! even now 35yrs later, I can still flat move some dirt/snow with a shovel!

I feel right at home digging a hole in an old boneyard!...captive audience to talk to, quiet neighborhood, very little heckling like we get here, a guy gets to reflect and go into the comfortable mental state ('Zone') all physical hard tasks demand.....:laughing:

I got some stories though...imagine digging a grave all alone in an old Country boneyard with the Sun setting and the wind/sleet a howling!..down 4 feet up to your shoulders, and all of a sudden one end of the hole collapses into a massive subterranean cavern!. Oh good Lord!:laughing: Vampires? Zombies? gonna come boiling out of here? Well, I quickly shoveled off the rest of the dirt down into that hole and only needed to haul off 40 wheelbarrows full on that one, so it turned out to be a good thing!:laughing:

Grave digging was definitely a good job for me...I learned a lot about soil matrixes and amalgamations, how to balance and move a heavy load on a wheelbarrow, how granite weighs 180lbs/cuft... etc...Years later, traveling the Globe engaged in International business, giving speeches to the Board of Directors and large groups of people, I was not intimidated...I'm like hey, I know where you all are going eventually, Y'all look like just another group of stones to me.........

I sort of fell into it, learned some valuable lessons, provided for my Family during the 1980's recession...made it through, and it was all up hill and coming up daisies from there!...A guy has to start somewhere right? What could be lower than a gravedigger? ..Politicians and Lawyers of course! Yeah...they make their money off the living..a gravedigger makes his off the dead.......:laughing:

Attachments

• mag 2.jpg
    mag 2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Politicians and Lawyers of course! Yeah...they make their money off the living..a gravedigger makes his off the dead.......:laughing:
No grief from me, Mud. At least yours was honest work. Can't say the same for politicians.

(Politics: A compound word derived from the old latin word, "poli", meaning many, and "tics", meaning blood-sucking creatures.):D:yes:

Roger

Back
Top Bottom