Beach drama Waikiki

armyhunter

So I was skimming the Craigslist pages for lost ring ads and found this. I had a feeling I was picking up way too many bobby pins... :: laughing:: looks liked I'm in the middle of an old fashioned minelab turf war.
265a25afc3a9908e9601991e87b0d8c3.jpg

so discrim pennies, lead balls, and bobby pens.... I have more of a problem with those quarter sized aluminum things that people pull off of small punch drinks... Come up as 12.20's and thats GOLD!!!!

I'm running with a sand shark, so if it beeps, I scoop lol. I have plenty of fun with the bobby pins that keep falling through the holes of my scoop.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That is one thing that is WRONG with this hobby. People wanting everything for themselves.

I tell others about Belle Isle so they can DIVE, and I upset a lot of waders. I realize I made a mistake but big deal. So someone else finds a gold ring I could have got.

Greed doesn't really need to be a part of the equation in this hobby but it is. I am friendly to everyone out there and I wish them success. I can't take it with me and all it is supposed to be is fun and relaxation. Not who gets the most wins.

A very wealthy and religious man got a visit from God. Since the man was so faithful, God granted him one wish. He wished that he could take a suitcase of his wealth to heaven. God said ok, but just one. When he died, he met St. Peter at the gate with his suitcase. St. Peter said he could come in but the suitcase could not. The man explained he had an agreement with God. St. Peter had to check and came back with the approval. St. Peter being inquisitive asked what was inside. The man opened it up to proudly show him it was full of gold bars. St. Peter said Pavement? Why would you bring pavement to heaven?

Sorry folks, I enjoy some old places and finds but I could care less if my spots are plundered by others. I can't possibly get it all.

https://youtu.be/RKMNPQ35OUc

Last edited:
On the rare occasions I run into other detectorists in my area most just stop and chat, trade stories, show finds, just be generally friendly and pleasant. There's nothing here that we have to fight over to begin with, and if anyone finds anything good we're all glad for them.

Of course, here it's just an oddball hobby, not like a competitive second career or anything! ... Except for that one guy that probably every town has, he just goes on about his detecting like his pants are afire and he never stops to acknowledge or speak to anyone! It's a hoot to see him go. :lol:

That is one thing that is WRONG with this hobby. People wanting everything for themselves.

Thats easy for YOU to say! Aqualunger! You dont have 20 other coil swingers and beach Towel snatchers and Cannies scuttling up your coal chute on the daily! We have to get up at 4am just to find enough clad/cans for a cup of coffee!

Thats exactly the kind of reasoning the Guardian Angel Clarence tried to pull on distraught George Bailey! "Theres no need for money in Heaven George"....and George replied, "Well, it comes in pretty handy down HERE Bub!":laughing:

When I see you in Heaven, I'm gonna bash you over the head with a solid silver Manhole cover, or a Platinum light pole!...I think it will be OK, just a couple of kids dinking around...or maybe get me a few centuries in Purgatory tops, if I can find myself a good lawyer, which will be about impossible to do in Heaven...:laughing:

Thats easy for YOU to say! Aqualunger! You dont have 20 other coil swingers and beach Towel snatchers and Cannies scuttling up your coal chute on the daily! We have to get up at 4am just to find enough clad/cans for a cup of coffee!

When I see you in Heaven, I'm gonna bash you over the head with a solid silver Manhole cover, or a Platinum light pole!...I think it will be OK...:laughing:

In some of the spots I hit, there are lots of others. I still go there and scrounge up a few gold now and then. But you are right, not many into doing what I do to get the goods. No idea why not. A little expense pays off big time

In some of the spots I hit, there are lots of others. I still go there and scrounge up a few gold now and then. But you are right, not many into doing what I do to get the goods. No idea why not. A little expense pays off big time
Wait for a few morons to start putting videos all over the web.. within a few years you will be getting the "wha wha wha" from another detector 30ft deep but 10ft away.

Wait for a few morons to start putting videos all over the web.. within a few years you will be getting the "wha wha wha" from another detector 30ft deep but 10ft away.

Maybe Steve. However, not many have the guts or the research abilities I use to find virgin spots. Bring on the police, see what I care. Others turn tail and run.

I will probably be out of the hobby when that happens here. What I do isn't for folks that have to see what they are doing and get spooked when nothing can be seen. Also I am not playing in beautiful sand. I am hunting in tall weeds and muck.

I just turned 60. I hope to have at least 10 good years left. Then the youngsters can take my place if they are comfortable enough.

I tell others about Belle Isle so they can DIVE, and I upset a lot of waders. I realize I made a mistake but big deal. So someone else finds a gold ring I could have got.

Greed doesn't really need to be a part of the equation in this hobby but it is. I am friendly to everyone out there and I wish them success. I can't take it with me and all it is supposed to be is fun and relaxation. Not who gets the most wins.

A very wealthy and religious man got a visit from God. Since the man was so faithful, God granted him one wish. He wished that he could take a suitcase of his wealth to heaven. God said ok, but just one. When he died, he met St. Peter at the gate with his suitcase. St. Peter said he could come in but the suitcase could not. The man explained he had an agreement with God. St. Peter had to check and came back with the approval. St. Peter being inquisitive asked what was inside. The man opened it up to proudly show him it was full of gold bars. St. Peter said Pavement? Why would you bring pavement to heaven?

Sorry folks, I enjoy some old places and finds but I could care less if my spots are plundered by others. I can't possibly get it all.

https://youtu.be/RKMNPQ35OUc

GREAT post!

So I was skimming the Craigslist pages for lost ring ads and found this. I had a feeling I was picking up way too many bobby pins... :: laughing:: looks liked I'm in the middle of an old fashioned minelab turf war.
265a25afc3a9908e9601991e87b0d8c3.jpg

Hey think I know that guy! Seriously, when I lived in Hawaii my MD buddies felt the same way about other folks.... Can slaw for days at a time. Paperclips, nails we saw it all. As others have said, this is supposed to be fun. Just be happy to MD whenever and whenever you can, the figurative and litteral "noise" is just what is. HH

Mount a strong magnet or two in your scoop! It will grab many of those bobby pins for you.
Actually I just bought 2 so I can throw them in there. That was actually before I came across this post lol, thanks though

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That would suck. Does not happen in the waters I hunt, but I get angry at the ones that dig garbage and toss it back.:mad:
DL

That would suck. Does not happen in the waters I hunt, but I get angry at the ones that dig garbage and toss it back.:mad:
DL

Yep. Same on land. Drives me nuts to see some pull something out and toss it on the ground. There's a local guy here, "Chuck" who does that. I won't even talk to him anymore.

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom