Bucket list item checked off - UPDATED!! Found the loaded clip!!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Visiting Jacksonville Florida is like stepping into a different world compared to where I live.

Found this gun at the pier in the water about waist deep. It's serial number reveals it's not stolen. That's all I know about it.

As you can see the barrel has been ground off.

It was in much worse shape when found. Larry cleaned it up some.

We will be turning it in when Jacksonville does their next gun buy back program where they give you 50 dollars per gun turned in, no questions asked.

This was found on a weekend day when the beach was jam packed full of people. When I dug it up I thought I was digging a phone. I got it out of the hole and saw a dark out line on the side of the hole so bent down and picked it up in the slightly cloudy water and instantly knew it was a real gun by the weight of it. Without looking at it I quickly put it in my pouch then went to find Larry who was about about a quarter mile down the beach. I was so afraid it would shoot me in the thigh :laughing: We then went to the jeep to check it out. Turns out it had no clip and no bullet in the chamber.

Browning 22 Caliber Semi-Automatic pistol

UPDATE!!

Today my friend Billy detected around the spot where I found the gun last Sunday and successfully found the loaded clip and gave it to me. Thanks Billy!! Pics of clip added...

Attachments

• Gun.jpg
    Gun.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 669
  • clip 1.jpg
    clip 1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Dang! too bad they hacked up the barrel...might have been worth more than the $50. But, that buy-back program is an excellent idea!

Well I guess I have something new now that I want to add to my detecting bucket list! :roll::lol: VERY COOL FIND!!! :wow:

Not often you find one of those! I sold a 25 Raven semi at the Jax buy back when I lived up there. I had paid $50 for it 20 years ago in Virginia from a pawn shop. Sold it for $50. No profit but I got rid of a piece of junk that could have blown up in my hand. :lol:

Attachments

• 132126467.zG8RTena.GSRAVEN.JPG
    132126467.zG8RTena.GSRAVEN.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 593
Well I guess I have something new now that I want to add to my detecting bucket list! :roll::lol: VERY COOL FIND!!! :wow:

Sorry about that :) :laughing: I think everyone up here has found one so it was cool to finally find one myself. Apparently it's not that rare a find up this way and I believe it by what I've seen on the news here and on the beach itself. Crazy place :)

Not often you find one of those! I sold a 25 Raven semi at the Jax buy back when I lived up there. I had paid $50 for it 20 years ago in Virginia from a pawn shop. Sold it for $50. No profit but I got rid of a piece of junk that could have blown up in my hand. :lol:

Nice to not lose money on that deal. :)

Larry found that same gun while detecting. It's in much worse shape though. I think he posted it way back when...

This was in Florida? You need to go back and dig that overload signal, find the car that was in the glovebox of :lol:

Cool find! Browning makes good arms... I’d be tempted to have a new barrel installed! Nice find!

This was in Florida? You need to go back and dig that overload signal, find the car that was in the glovebox of :lol:

Cool find! Browning makes good arms... I’d be tempted to have a new barrel installed! Nice find!

Funny thing is that it was found in a run out area and there is an overload signal there I just can't get deep enough to hit it with the scoop so you might be onto something! :laughing: We were thinking it was an AK-47...:laughing:

What a great find! Ive got the very same Browning Buckmark .22 in the 'Sporter Rifle' configuration! Gold trigger and still in its original box! I'll probably sell it, its too nice a rifle for me...

What a great find! Ive got the very same Browning Buckmark .22 in the 'Sporter Rifle' configuration! Gold trigger and still in its original box! I'll probably sell it, its too nice a rifle for me...

I'll trade ya! Mine for yours!

Browning makes a quality piece of equipment. Three of my grandsons love shooting my Buckmark. I would clean it up and give serious consideration to putting a new Barrell on it.

probably

Used in a crime, as the barrel was destroyed , so they couldn't do ballistics's , most all gun's have a finger print now done before sale, is the serial # still on the gun ? If you turn it in to the cops , take it in , in a bag, you don't want to get shot, the cops thinking you came to shoot up the place , wright now they ARE trigger happy :yes: , one of those find's ya wish you never found.

Bummer some idiot hacked off the barrel, those are nice little 22's...
Yeah it's toast. Check out the added pic, my friend found the loaded clip today and gave it to me on the beach.

Browning makes a quality piece of equipment. Three of my grandsons love shooting my Buckmark. I would clean it up and give serious consideration to putting a new Barrell on it.

It's toast :( Check out the added pic, my friend found the loaded clip today and gave it to me on the beach.

Must have been an experience digging that 1 up. Good luck with the turn in

It was! Especially because I was surrounded by people.... Check out the added pic, my friend found the loaded clip today and gave it to me on the beach.

Looks like it wasn't under very long, nice dig.

It was down long. Larry cleaned it up some. Check out the added pic, my friend found the loaded clip today and gave it to me on the beach. You can see what shape it's in.

Used in a crime, as the barrel was destroyed , so they couldn't do ballistics's , most all gun's have a finger print now done before sale, is the serial # still on the gun ? If you turn it in to the cops , take it in , in a bag, you don't want to get shot, the cops thinking you came to shoot up the place , wright now they ARE trigger happy :yes: , one of those find's ya wish you never found.

Yeah the serial number is still on it. I checked the FDLE site and it's not listed as stolen, that's all I could find out. Thanks for the tip on the bag, I'll do that! Check out the added pic, my friend found the loaded clip today and gave it to me on the beach.

My wife used to have that same pistol when we met. (until I refined her tastes and she upgraded)

That's a cheap plinker! crazy that your buddy found the loaded mag to it!

Just because it's not reported stolen doesn't mean it isn't. The owner may not know it's gone, or was too embarrassed to report it because he/she didn't have the serial number handy. It needs to be in the hands of law enforcement so they can do the legwork to figure out why it was buried in the sand...obviously the barrel was hacked off for a reason. I'm not familiar with Florida laws, but most states track and register firearms in a state database for accountability.

Back
Top Bottom