Strange Day Today. Weird Finds

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Got out today for a couple of dives. Love the therapy on my neck mostly. Anyway. Kevin was able to get away today and was able to show me what gold looks like. He got an Artcarved 4.65 gram 14K ring.

He also got some strange seal.

What was really strange is what he found the first dive and I found the second dive. You would think it would be silver or gold or a locker tag or something common. Nope. We both got a salt shaker. How strange is that?

I ended up with 6 rings, 4 of them silver, a merc and a rosey. A strange three leg person. Says Rajah Rabo on the back. Not precious metal.

Kevin's interesting finds:

My finds:

Instead of finding dual salt shakers, it would have been nice if I found a gold instead. Oh well. It was a great day.

those are interesting finds, especially that 3 legged "thing". that looks half scary and evil, lol. :shock:
as for the shakers, was/is there a restaurant nearby where someone could have tossed those from?
congrats on both of your guys' finds! :friends:
oh, and it wouldn't hurt to test the tops of those shakers, some of them were silver back in the day! :yes:

Pete

those are interesting finds, especially that 3 legged "thing". that looks half scary and evil, lol. :shock:
as for the shakers, was/is there a restaurant nearby where someone could have tossed those from?
congrats on both of your guys' finds! :friends:
oh, and it wouldn't hurt to test the tops of those shakers, some of them were silver back in the day! :yes:

Pete

Thanks Pete. They are both aluminum. No restaurant even close to here that I ever knew of. Not much silverware found here either. I have to Google that three legged thing.

I can't believe how many bath house tokens you find, but thinking about it i would say you've done your research...

I remember those styles of shakers!! Always tomorrow on the gold., hopefully not the pepper shakers..

Weird... A few weeks ago I dug 3 gold bands, all the same size, fresh drops with in a few feet of each other, shallow (one scoop). Yesterday, I dug 3 brass bands with in a few feet of each other at a different, old beach..all deep (three scoops). All the same size..

I'm still looking for that Aladdin's lamp......

Interesting read for sure. I wonder why it has the name or whatever it is of Rajah Rabo on the back.

From a bit of research I did I found that Rajah Rabo was an African American man born in the 1800's that wrote a book about dream meaning and other voodoo type stuff. That does kind of fall in the same type of category as Trinacria, but I don't know if they're connected.

There you go Dee! Great assist on the ID/history there Beyonder!

Pop that up on Ebay! Do a good write up about Rajah Rabo and Trinacria Voodoo talismans and some hippy will easily buy that for $50! :laughing:

I ended up with 6 rings, 4 of them silver, a merc and a rosey. A strange three leg person. Says Rajah Rabo on the back. Not precious metal....
Gotta love the Great Lakes, you sure find some cool old stuff! Wish I could find some wheaties and mercs.....I think the ocean disolves them :lol:

I remember those styles of shakers!! Always tomorrow on the gold., hopefully not the pepper shakers..

Weird... A few weeks ago I dug 3 gold bands, all the same size, fresh drops with in a few feet of each other, shallow (one scoop). Yesterday, I dug 3 brass bands with in a few feet of each other at a different, old beach..all deep (three scoops). All the same size..

I'm still looking for that Aladdin's lamp......
Yes I remember them also, Bought a set just like them at Walmart two weeks ago....LOL

But my mom had a set of them 40 years ago also.

Back
Top Bottom