• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fill Your Holes!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Most of y'all know, back in July the Wife and I moved into the Sleepy Tyme Olde Folks Appartments...From day one there has been this massive pothole right where a guy has to turn out of the side street and onto the main drag...It gets hit constantly by everybody leaving the PiggleyWiggley and the GasNGo and all the Oldsters and the delivery drivers and just about Everybody turning right!..KaBang!.

Of course, I simply straddle it or go around it and avoid it altogether with no trouble, but the Wife seems drawn into it and hits it constantly like theres nothing she can do! Of course, I've had to listen to Her this and that about "That dmaned pothole got me again! Why wont somebody fill it? Whos responsibility is it I wonder? The State Highway or the Piggley or the StopNRob or the County Road Commission or just exactly WHO?"

Six Months of listening to her complaining about that pothole daily! I lovingly advised, "Just go around it like I do ya durned dummy!" Of course this common sense advice only makes her madder and for some reason? Her ill mood about the pothole is directed straight at ME!..Somebody Has to do Something!

So Yesterday, I asked her what she wanted for Christmas? "(A new Broom perhaps? How about a nice OCedar Angler that you can speed around the oval track at Hogworts on? Maybe I can string some Christmas lights up on the roof for a nice nighttime landing strip for ya?? Maybe stick a bicycle flag up on the chimney for you to use as a windsock?") (This is what I was thinking of saying...)

"All I want for Christmas is for somebody to fix that dmaned pothole!"

Since today it got up into the 40's for the last time until next Spring, and since the waves were huge and it was too rough to hunt the Big Lake effectively, I figured WTH? On the way back from the Lake, I stopped at the Lappo Lumberyard and got a 60lb bag of fast set 5000 psi with fiber...the good stuff, set me back $8.12!...Then, for filler, I got another 60lb bag of the cheap regular mix for a mailbox kind of thing for $3.36...So lets see, I'm out $13 and a nickel after taxes...thats like half a morning of totlot money!

That was one hell of a pothole! Took Both sacks! I thought, "Thats 120lbs of annoying and auto damaging dangerousness!" Like the average teenage kid I guess...

Anyway, my Christmas shopping is done!...I didnt tell my Wife I was the one who filled it though, I want to see if she notices or has any complaints about the workmanship or derogatory comments about the dmaned dummy who used concrete instead of coldpatch! This coccamamie repair aint gonna last...but thats not the point, as of now its FILLED and Christmas is only a week away so she got her wish! :laughing:

I left that water jug out there in the street as some sort of traffic cone...The Wife asked.."Wheres my waterjug dammit? I use that to fill the Humidifyer" So I had to go back and get it...

Attachments

• pothole.jpg
    pothole.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 239
  • pothole-2.jpg
    pothole-2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 217
  • pothole-1.jpg
    pothole-1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 200
  • pothole-3.jpg
    pothole-3.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Don't let the city know you fixed it.
They might not have ever gotten around to doing it but if they catch civilians doing their job they could turn this into a job security issue.
This could be doubly bad if there are unions involved. :lol:

As a matter of fact Dave, a Cop rolled up while I was engaged in the process...I thought, "Oh Hell! This could go 6 ways from Sunday bad for me!" Nope!

He rolled his window down and said, "Good on ya! Its about TIME somebody did something about this dmaned pothole!" :laughing: Its Michigan you remember!? Enough Potholes to go around for Everybody!:laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
As a matter of fact Dave, a Cop rolled up while I was engaged in the process...I thought, "Oh Hell! This could go 6 ways from Sunday bad for me!" Nope!

He rolled his window down and said, "Good on ya! Its about TIME somebody did something about this dmaned pothole!" :laughing: Its Michigan you remember!? Enough Potholes for Everybody!

Yea, I remember.
In Michigan you have two seasons, good sledding weather and bad sledding weather.
Pothole season is 365 days a year.

Yea, I remember.
In Michigan you have two seasons, good sledding weather and bad sledding weather.
Pothole season is 365 days a year.

Right? I miss Alabama Daily! I dont know what I was thinking coming back up!..Good on ya for getting out of here! Come and visit if you want, stay at the Mudpup Bar and Grill..as long as you are older than 58yrs old...thats the rules here at the SleepyTyme Crypt Keeper Community!! Only Oldsters allowed! Gods Batters Box! NO Kids allowed!.."Stay offa my lawn!" :laughing:

Its about a 12hr drive from Bham straight up I-65 and a little jot to the East....bring your F70 and your 800 of course....Hell!, bring your Compadre even! Lets ransack and roger this place for Old Glory!! (Not the SleepyTyme, the gold fields) Time and Gold Wait For Nobody! :laughing:

Speaking of Michigan chuck holes..

There was this one, northbound 75 north side of Detroit, I swear it didn't have a bottom, unless hell's floor counts..

I figured it would eventually become "filled in" with all the wheels and hubcaps it ate..

One day I saw another car going right for it, I watched, waiting for the outcome.. Nothing! It was fixed! The next day I drove by really slow and looked down, it wasn't fixed, it actually became big enough as to where a VW bug made a perfect plug for it! :lol:

<°)))>{

Speaking of Michigan chuck holes..

There was this one, northbound 75 north side of Detroit, I swear it didn't have a bottom, unless hell's floor counts..

I figured it would eventually become "filled in" with all the wheels and hubcaps it ate..

One day I saw another car going right for it, I watched, waiting for the outcome.. Nothing! It was fixed! The next day I drove by really slow and looked down, it wasn't fixed, it actually became big enough as to where a VW bug made a perfect plug for it! :lol:

<°)))>{

I almost lost a wheel when I hit a big one on the Lodge once.
Not only did it mess up my alignment but I think a few fillings in my teeth loosened up.
I moved to Tampa Fla. in the early 80's and one of the biggest, (nicest), things I had to get used to was the roads.
Nice, smooth, no potholes...even had little reflective markers embedded as lane dividers.
Took awhile for me to get the mindset of not worrying about running the gauntlet every day as I drove around town.

Good job on the pothole fill. Michigan has to be the pothole capitol of the whole USA. They say if you are on the highway and a tornado is coming to head for the ditch or a low spot. Well just get out of the car and lay on the road. You're bound to be laying in a lower spot than the ditch.:roll::shock::lol:

Back
Top Bottom