Amazing weekend! Morgan Dollar!

cruiserkev

Elite Member
I have found some great things over the years but this weekend has been awesome. I started yesterday trying out my 6 inch Equinox coil in my front yard. I have pounded this ground many times before and wasn't expecting much. Too my surprise, I found a couple wheats and a very crusty 1894 V nickel under my hedge. Bucket lister for me! Never found a V before. :D
All week I have been jealous of Buellrides finds, cursing the fact that I have to work and not getting out detecting as much as I used to. We made plans to meet up today for some curbstrips in an old town. After a couple hours of nothing but clad I got the sweetest, most amazing signal on the Nox, 33 and 34 vdi. Thinking I might have another half dollar, I dug a huge plug and this monster coin was waiting for me at the bottom. A 1879 s Morgan in gorgeous shape. I went a little crazy for a bit and couldn't believe my luck. I told Paul I was done as I couldn't do any better today and showed him the coin. Silver Dollar club!!!! :D
Can't wait for our next adventure. Thank you Paul for your research, it really paid off today. Happy Hunting and if you get a signal that is too good to be true, DIG IT!!!! :grin:

Attachments

• Fotor_154309022904182.jpg
    Fotor_154309022904182.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,519
  • Fotor_154309018867753.jpg
    Fotor_154309018867753.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,619
  • Fotor_154309006565058.jpg
    Fotor_154309006565058.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,546
Last edited:
I have found some great things over the years but this weekend has been awesome. I started yesterday trying out my 6 inch Equinox coil in my front yard. I have pounded this ground many times before and wasn't expecting much. Too my surprise, I found a couple wheats and a very crusty 1894 V nickel under my hedge. Bucket lister for me! Never found a V before. :D
All week I have been jealous of Buellrides finds, cursing the fact that I have to work and not getting out detecting as much as I used to. We made plans to meet up today for some curbstrips in an old town. After a couple hours of nothing but clad I got the sweetest, most amazing signal on the Nox, 33 and 34 vdi. Thinking I might have another half dollar, I dug a huge plug and this monster coin was waiting for me at the bottom. A 1879 s Morgan in gorgeous shape. I went a little crazy for a bit and couldn't believe my luck. I told Paul I was done as I couldn't do any better today and showed him the coin. Silver Dollar club!!!! :D
Can't wait for our next adventure. Thank you Paul for your research, it really paid off today. Happy Hunting and if you get a signal that is too good to be true, DIG IT!!!! :grin:

It was an HONOR to be with you when you found this gorgeous GIRL!! Super excited for you and the fact that you found her while we were together makes it all the better!!

Relish in the warm glow of a 1879 Morgan!! :fall-leaves::woot:

Definitely an EYE POPPING FIND!!

Wow, that is awesome. That just goes to show I need to go work on adding onto my detector. I can't use it all that great to start with, but I can't help thinking I'm missing something by not having all the goodies lol.

Thank you all for these great comments. It was always a dream of mine to recover a Morgan but I never expected to find one in Washington state. This is best hobby! Happy Hunting my fellow detectorists! :cheers:

Awesome job! It looks to be in great condition as well! Congrats and welcome to the club!

Wowzers! That must have been quite a moment seeing all that silver! Congrats! Covetousness is a sin, and I am guilty.

Yep Id say that humdinger is definitely fodder for the "Eye Popping …" finds category. Thats a pretty elite club you just got in!

Back
Top Bottom