• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett Sea Hunter Problems.

Shavnore

Elite Member
I just bought this machine and the 3rd time out it started whacking out on me. It works fine for 5 minutes, but after that it just starts beeping all over the place. I have a new coil being shipped out by garrett (free of charge) but im not convinced that's the problem. I can turn on the detector, and set it down in the room and about five minutes later it starts doing the whacked out thing. If I turn it off and turn it back on it fixes it temporary.

Anyone have this same problem? I really want to hit the beach, was so excited to finally get this machine and boom, a letdown =/

Thanks

As gunsil said, make sure you have fresh batteries. If it isn't the coil or batteries, send it in.

Another thought might be the contacts where you drop in the battery pack. I've never had a problem with my Seahunter, but I've had a couple of White's that one of the contacts would get bent in a little from dropping the battery pack in.

If it is under warranty, don't sweat it. Garrett will take care of you.

I replaced the batteries, get 4 solid beeps. I hope it's the coil, it should be coming in today. If not they are really helpful and are sending me a new unit.

Im just trying to think what could possibly be wrong with it?

I checked the battery connections in the unit and they are solid

I have a sea hunter, no problem with it. But I did have the same problem with my 350. Garrett said the epoxy on the coil was probably bad and caused water to get in it. They replaced the coil and that solved the problem.

I have a sea hunter, no problem with it. But I did have the same problem with my 350. Garrett said the epoxy on the coil was probably bad and caused water to get in it. They replaced the coil and that solved the problem.

Thanks! just got my new coil in today and everything is fine.

Back
Top Bottom