• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

So this is how you get rich metal detecting!

Hey..... gimmicks work. In the 80's what about the man that invented the "Pet Rock" he made Millions. Next year your gonna say..... DANG! Wish I'ld thought of that! :lol::p

I saw this on ebay last night and started to post it, but thought the perhaps the person that listed it might be a member here, so I decided not to. I did get a big laugh out of it though! :rofl:

Boy, If it sells for a buck I have a new way to fund my retirement. My the way there's a podcast by Dan Hughes (In the treasure corner) on the history of pull tabs that was interesting.

Starting bid: 99 cents

No bids, auction closed. Big fat nuttin!
This guy broke the first rule of auction selling: have something people want to buy.

But, hey, he said he was just having fun with it. I've done the same, listing utter garbage on eBay to see if it gets any interest.
And sometimes it sells.
The listing was probably free, or so low as to be of no consequence. Now the guy knows to go ahead and toss the thing, then list something people want to own.

Fun Lesson Learned.

Starting bid: 99 cents

No bids, auction closed. Big fat nuttin!
This guy broke the first rule of auction selling: have something people want to buy.

But, hey, he said he was just having fun with it. I've done the same, listing utter garbage on eBay to see if it gets any interest.
And sometimes it sells.
The listing was probably free, or so low as to be of no consequence. Now the guy knows to go ahead and toss the thing, then list something people want to own.

Fun Lesson Learned.
Nope, he relisted it! :roll:

At least he tried. And at least the rest of us wont make jerks out of our selves trying to be the first! :D
I was pulling for the guy...... Hey if that worked I was going to try and sell a tea spoon of creek dirt for $2.00 :lol:
If it worked, in a years time my creek would have looked like the GRAND CANYON! :laughing:

Relisted!
Maybe he knows something we don't.
Or, it's free and he has it non auto-relist.

At least he tried. And at least the rest of us wont make jerks out of our selves trying to be the first! :D
I was pulling for the guy...... Hey if that worked I was going to try and sell a tea spoon of creek dirt for $2.00 :lol:
If it worked, in a years time my creek would have looked like the GRAND CANYON! :laughing:

Give it a shot! Fancy it up by calling it an, "alluvial aggregate sample, representative of region..." Etc.
I once saw what was reported to be Britney Spears' chewing gum sell.

Back
Top Bottom