Few first finds of 2017

wvdave107

Elite Member
Started metal detecting this past July. Tried to hunt as much as time permitted until November. That's when things all but stopped...Hope to get back at it as soon as time and weather permits. I'm still learning and have a long way to go. So glad I discovered this awesome hobby!!!

Attachments

• 15 sept 2017 II.JPG
    15 sept 2017 II.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 27 Aug. 2017.JPG
    27 Aug. 2017.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 1927 Merc 22 Oct 2017.JPG
    1927 Merc 22 Oct 2017.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 1941 21 Aug. 2017.JPG
    1941 21 Aug. 2017.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 1943 Merc 10 Oct 2017 II.JPG
    1943 Merc 10 Oct 2017 II.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 203
Good work, dave....looks like you're off to a great start! Those bicentennials are one of my favorites too.....I'd love to go back to the summer of 1976, had a lot of fun. Speaking of fun, my wife graduated from WVU and I spent a lotta time in Morgantown. Wish I had a detector back then...lotsa history and a beautiful state. Best of luck in 2018!

Good work, dave....looks like you're off to a great start! Those bicentennials are one of my favorites too.....I'd love to go back to the summer of 1976, had a lot of fun. Speaking of fun, my wife graduated from WVU and I spent a lotta time in Morgantown. Wish I had a detector back then...lotsa history and a beautiful state. Best of luck in 2018!

Thanks Lawnwalker!!!!!!! My wife graduated from there as well. Had a lot of fun up there during football season.....:laughing: Heck they may have been in the same sorority....LOL

Thanks Lawnwalker!!!!!!! My wife graduated from there as well. Had a lot of fun up there during football season.....:laughing: Heck they may have been in the same sorority....LOL

Oh yeah! Football weekends were crazy there! Some of the things I saw there still amaze me even after all these years! At least the stuff I can actually remember....:laughing: Wife was a Chi Omega.....

Mine was there a little later than that...Fall 95' to Spring 2000. She stayed an extra year and took some grad courses. Guess she didn't want to leave....:laughing:

I don't blame her....it was a fun place to be! I went to Penn State main campus and I always thot WVU was more fun. Of course that cldve been because my girlfriend was there!:laughing: We've been back for a football game and we were down just this past summer to see some of her classmates. Amazing how much it has changed !!!

I don't blame her....it was a fun place to be! I went to Penn State main campus and I always thot WVU was more fun. Of course that cldve been because my girlfriend was there!:laughing: We've been back for a football game and we were down just this past summer to see some of her classmates. Amazing how much it has changed !!!

I went to Marshall...LOL...but have always been a WVU fan. Didn't know her in college. When we met we got season tickets to WV and try to hit as many games as possible. I has changed a lot there. It has really built up in the last few years.

I went to Marshall...LOL...but have always been a WVU fan. Didn't know her in college. When we met we got season tickets to WV and try to hit as many games as possible. I has changed a lot there. It has really built up in the last few years.

Oh man, my wife loves football and her Mountaineers! She wld love season tickets too.... Maybe someday but it wld be tough living four hours away! She lived in Arnold Apts/Hall her sophomore year and we heard when we were down there that they were gonna knock it down and build something new. Kinda sad to hear that but time marches on.....

Nice job, Dave! Those are some great finds... I especially like the mercury dimes. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom