Colonial Coins

Sammyt97

These may not be eye popping to me, but I'm sure they're also not every day finds. I determined that I had a Connecticut Copper from lots of feedback from others on the forum (last two photos), but today I finally was able to see something on the other coin and realized I had found a Massachusetts copper. I have taken a couple of photos but they're so corroded, it may be hard to see over the internet. I think you can You can see them pretty well in person though. Have a look see. In the third picture, I was able to photo shop an outline of the legs of the Massachusetts coin. Hopefully that will help people see it.

Attachments

• IMG_4273.jpg
    IMG_4273.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_4269.jpg
    IMG_4269.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 834
  • IMG_4274.jpg
    IMG_4274.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 929
  • IMG_4218.jpg
    IMG_4218.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 903
  • IMG_4219.jpg
    IMG_4219.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 827
Found a Liberty cap LC a while ago and if I had a picture of it and a flashlight shinning on it , I could say to someone "look! What a great find !" . No one but a fellow MD er understands what a great find you found. As for me, I would almost rather not find coppers in such condition. Almost.

I would say the 1st one is a MA copper for sure.Need pics of the front of the 2nd one.Great finds

Great finds!!!

In the first picture - I don't think its a 1788 Mass cent, if you look real close the body is bigger and the wings come down lower than the Mass. cent

none the less - super finds!!

wish I had them!!! :grin:

:kingdances::kingdances:

I would probably pass out if I found something like those. Knowing me, I would throw it away thinking it was a bottlecap.
Great finds

my whole surrounding city is 20 years old, I am happy when I find a copper penny (pre-zincoln)

Back
Top Bottom