Returning to the hobby after a 5 year break

NavyDT

Originally posted in the looking for purchase advice but just wanted to move it over here to see what other people thought.

Ive owned an older whites machine, a tesoro vaquero and a minelab etrac in the past. I LOVED the etrac but im not really up on current technology. Are there any new cheaper alternatives these days for detectors? $1500 is the max im willing to pay at the moment to get back in. That being said, used equipment is on the table.

after some research this is kinda the list ive drummed up.

I plan on mostly coin shooting in parks or fields. ive been known to get out to some old homestead sites on occasion if i can find anything. you know the modern trash is always a problem in parks so discrimination and speed are always good.

Etrac - used the machine extensively, what i can remember is it was a little slow but good on deep coins in some what trashy areas - was kinda heavy

Makro Racer 2 - Lots of good stuff on youtube, seams like a AT Pro/ Cheaper version of a XP Duce. what is your guys take on this one?

XP DEUS - again no experience so im hoping you guys can help me, but seams like a light, fast responding machine that has OK depth and good iron discriminiation if you can learn the tones, some people love them some dont.

What are your takes? any suggestions?

f there are any sponsors out there with some used equipment shoot me a PM

Originally posted in the looking for purchase advice but just wanted to move it over here to see what other people thought.

Ive owned an older whites machine, a tesoro vaquero and a minelab etrac in the past. I LOVED the etrac but im not really up on current technology. Are there any new cheaper alternatives these days for detectors? $1500 is the max im willing to pay at the moment to get back in. That being said, used equipment is on the table.

after some research this is kinda the list ive drummed up.

I plan on mostly coin shooting in parks or fields. ive been known to get out to some old homestead sites on occasion if i can find anything. you know the modern trash is always a problem in parks so discrimination and speed are always good.

Etrac - used the machine extensively, what i can remember is it was a little slow but good on deep coins in some what trashy areas - was kinda heavy

Makro Racer 2 - Lots of good stuff on youtube, seams like a AT Pro/ Cheaper version of a XP Duce. what is your guys take on this one?

XP DEUS - again no experience so im hoping you guys can help me, but seams like a light, fast responding machine that has OK depth and good iron discriminiation if you can learn the tones, some people love them some dont.

What are your takes? any suggestions?

f there are any sponsors out there with some used equipment shoot me a PM

Etrac always good machine. If you want to try something different might look to the Deus or new nokta impact

Narrow it down to your actual needs , don't forget all the extras ya going to need ! If your going to be mostly part time out for some fun , or traveling to different environments . All good MDs listed . GL. ,,,,,HH

Welcome back to MDing & FMDF - good luck on what ever machine you decide on & I wish you many great finds with it.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the forum for the welcome back, I ended up getting a XP Deus with the WS4 headphones. Can't wait to get out there and find some pull tabs :)

Sent from my Pixel XL

Back
Top Bottom