Trade Dollar. Amazing Day. UPDATE

So when you posted the images it was post cleaning?

Either way, you have a very old 90%, 3/4 ounce of silver.
Still should be in a protective holder, the story behind it is priceless. way more then the 12.00+ melt value.

Yea I cleaned it with baking soda because with the damage I figured it had no value other than melt. Wont fit in a holder because of the melted edge. I agree about the story. Thanks MD!

I didn't get it anyway...LOL

Relates to the thread of the guy who bought the toilet seat (made out of Lucite) which is encasing a bunch of coins.

You can buy the kits at a hobby store and encase your dollar in a square of Lucite or plastic... it would be the shape of a small rubics cube.

Great find bro. One of my favorite coins of all time. I think next to another gold coin, a U.S. trade dollar tops the list.

<<EDITED BY MODERATOR>>

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update, Sean, on your Trade Dollar!

When you stated it weighed exactly as a minted Trade Dollar, plus it looked "silver" to me, I figured it was authentic. Either way, it's still a once in a lifetime find! :thumbsup:

I have a trade dollar that was given to me, but it's not real...:lol: It weighs slightly under 20 grams, and a magnet sticks to it....visually, however, it looks authentic.

HH,
Raphis
Dan

I think that is a totally awesome and incredible find.
Whether it is real or not really makes no difference to me.
The cool thing is that even if it is a counterfeit, it would still have a high value.
Plus it could still be just as old:yes:
Congratulations again

Back
Top Bottom