$7.00 in the Coinstar this morning

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Really was hoping for a silver amongst this bounty but alas, just clad. But heck, $7 free dollars.

5 quarters, 49 dimes, 9 nickels, 10 cu cents and 30 zn.

Sure made for a heavy pocketful out to the car :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 417
That's the result of someone force feeding the machine. Nice grab.
I love checking those machine, the first time I did I landed a silver dime. I just need to remember to check them more often.

That's truly unbelievable ! I have yet to find "one" single cent, in a Coinstar machine in my area. You must have some real money bags there, that just don't care :?:

Nice score!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thx!

Great score! Congrats on the pile of clad!!

Thx!

That's the result of someone force feeding the machine. Nice grab.
I love checking those machine, the first time I did I landed a silver dime. I just need to remember to check them more often.

Good to know about the force feeding!

Great score, congrats !!!!!

.....hey, money to go towards batteries !

Free money can't be beat :)

Nice haul! Probably more than an average hunts worth!

Sadly way more :lol: thx!

That's sure easier than digging 7 bucks, and you don't have to clean em, Congrats on a nice clad haul!

Yup, thanks!

Yep! Thats a good little jackpot any Coinstar reject bum would be proud of! :laughing: I'd take it!
Mud

Right time right place Mud!

I still can't believe the depositors not checking that bin.
Nice score on your behalf

Me either Joe.

Nicer looking then the average coins i find in there , i love the coinstars with the deep coin reject slots.

Once in a blue moon!

That's truly unbelievable ! I have yet to find "one" single cent, in a Coinstar machine in my area. You must have some real money bags there, that just don't care :?:

I mostly find foreign coins or a few dirty zincs, have found a few silvers and this is my second "jackpot" find, the first yielded a silver Rosie though.

Cha -Ching.. My eyes would have bugged out.. Nice job!

Lol, yeah, was a surprise, seen many a no coin reject bin at this one.

Man thats awesome , the best I've done was around 65 cents in pennies . And all your change is shiny , no tumbling . Sweet deal there .

I just dumped about 1/6th of a 5 gallon bucket (clad finds) into a coinstar about an hour ago. Some of it extremely dirty, none of it tumbled and it only kicked back about 50 cents in bad coins.

I always take all the quarters out (because I ain't paying 10.9 cents per dollar on 4 quarters), and we just took the quarters to Walmart and bought over $100 in groceries using the self serve checkout. We were pumping in nasty quarters left and right, none cleaned, a few got cut by mowing equipment from parks, many were red from the minerization, and the coin deposit accepted EVERY SINGLE ONE! Took about 15 minutes to pump all those quarters in, and got a few dirty looks, but there are 10 other self checkout registers there so they can bite me! :laughing:

I'd just love to see the guys face as he's emptying that register. :laughing: It's just great the things you can accomplish with this "hobby"!

Is this money being found in the kickback box at the bottom of the machine? I just can't understand why people don't check that. Looks like I'm going to have a new hobby to add to my treasure hunting repertoire.:excited::excited:

I dumped all my found coins in those machines also I think they go by weight so sometimes the Canadian will kick out, a silver will kick out and those warty old Lincoln pennies always kick out.

Recently I was at Wallyworld to conduct a transaction at the service counter, where the Coinstar machine is to the side. Some dude had poured a bunch of coins into the machine and it jammed up or stopped up for some reason. An employee was taking the machine open to find out what happened and I was surprised to see the debris tray, how much lint, toe-jam and pieces of junk was caught by it. This went on for nearly 15 minutes and they never did get it working again, the employee said she had to call someone from Coinstar out. The guy using the fated machine didn't know how much money he already poured in, but it was a lot. I wonder how they find out how much to give him back when this happens? He said he didn't count it before he got there. :no:

Back
Top Bottom