Needadvice on GT PRO

Darkman

Hi all,
I have been thinking about a new detector, I have been looking at the Garrett AT PRO, I am using a BH Quick draw II I use it in the woods and the beach, I kind of like the idea of it being waterproof to 10 feet but I have heard that it does not scan as deep as other models this would worry me in the woods I tend to dig some deep stuff 12+" sometimes. Can anyone who has this detector please give me some insight as far as how good or bad this MD is

you won't find a better or deeper hitting detector in that price range, the AT pro is well worth the money

The AT pro is a compromise on wet salt sand.

Another concern were production problems with early serial number machines. This is typical of many new products, if you do go AT Pro, make sure you get a fresh one.

Another concern were production problems with early serial number machines. This is typical of many new products, if you do go AT Pro, make sure you get a fresh one.
where do think would be a good place to get a fresh one?

I tend to dig some deep stuff 12+" sometimes.
You're using a BH Quick Draw II and getting this depth? Then there's no reason why you won't get at least that with the AT.

Yes but on big iron, horseshoes and such

I have the AT pro--you will def get deep hits on big iron,to the point of annoyance,(thank you for iron discrimination) I have found a couple horseshoes a foot or so deep with strong tones. I think garrett recalled the early serial numbers. I got my at pro a few of weeks ago from kellyco and it was the new serial numbers, if that helps.

I have the AT pro--you will def get deep hits on big iron,to the point of annoyance,(thank you for iron discrimination) I have found a couple horseshoes a foot or so deep with strong tones. I think garrett recalled the early serial numbers. I got my at pro a few of weeks ago from kellyco and it was the new serial numbers, if that helps.
It helps greatly, Thank you all very much

where do think would be a good place to get a fresh one?

New England Detectors , or DeMarco Detector Sales. Both findable with a Google search. The dealer should be able to give you a serial number which can used to determine the machine's production date.

A word about buying detectors. The biggest dealer packages their detectors with other products. To match the large dealer smaller dealers do the same. Some of these "Throw ins" are useful, most not so much. Many of the throw ins are lost leader type junk. Books written 20 years ago, $1 carpenters aprons etc. If you are serious about detecting figure out what you really need, research, and work a deal around those items rather than the usual throw ins. That said, NED has the best prices.

Back
Top Bottom