Advice on these 2 detectors,please

Never used the Exp but I do use an Etrac and hunt with a guy that uses an Omega 8000. So far the Omega has picked up on every signal that we have cross checked with the Etrac. When we swapped detectors, the Omega almost flew out of my hand. I thought the coil fell off or something. Super light weight and well balanced. Of course the Exp is heavier and slower but gives you more information. Wish I could be more help. Good luck!

Jim,
As was said, superlightweight and easy to use. Both dedicated coin machines. The new pro coil on the explorer is a good combo but the 8000 will separate better hands down.

Thanks for the coments so far. I like the easy operation of extera-305,but i really wonder about a lack of deep finds. Finding a few wheat pennies about 4 inches,and normal chad. Ive been around serveral old home sites,and am yet to find anything over 5 inches. I wonder if a different coil would help?? If the tekneics omega 800 will do it all and rates with the best,i am tempted. Please tell me more!

Well I have seen the Omega hit dimes at 8 inches... But I had an Xterra 305 that would do the same. Odd that yours doesn't? And I had the high frequency coil that wasn't supposed to be deep...

The Explorer will most likely be the deeper seeker, especially with the pro coil. It'll also be heavier with worse target separation. However, if you have bad ground like I do, it's one of the few choices we have...

Back
Top Bottom