Luck O the IRISH - 1782 HIBERNIA My First!!!

METALMANIAC-NY

Elite Member
Got out on a fluke 75 degree day yesterday. Took the DEUS with the big coil on for a ride. I over dressed and was soon dripping with sweat. Most of the snow melted and I scanned the briar bushes that have been matted down from the snowpack. Lots of iron, but I soon found a musket ball....rang 63-67. A little later amongst the iron chatter I was getting a jumpy 93-97. Stuck shovel in and lots of rocks and roots.....started combing through the mud. Deep down I pinpointed a signal, this thing was wedged amongst rocks and a huge root.....finally pulled out a muddy clump and was surprised to see a COPPER! A few wipes and I laid it down for a pic......saw the harp and knew I had a Hibernia. Clear date out of the hole....1782 KGIII Irish Halfpence.....just in time for St Pattys!!! haha Bucket Lister....kind of....turns out this coin is a counterfeit...which is cooler!!! IMO
Anyway, with copper in hand...I headed home....leaving some targets for another day....thanks for looking! HH!

Attachments

• 1782 Hiberni  close hole.jpg
    1782 Hiberni close hole.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 394
  • 1782 HIBERNIA  back Hand.jpg
    1782 HIBERNIA back Hand.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 369
  • 1782 HIBERNIA Front.jpg
    1782 HIBERNIA Front.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 379
You are sick. Absolutely sick :mad: And I also hate you for the in-situ pix :sissyfight:

Looks a lot better then the KGIII Hibernia I dug last Monday in a farm field. Terrible soil conditions where I always hunt. Not a problem for you. Congrats

Those Irish immigrant copper coins and tokens are interesting. Immigrants to Canada and than the US carried them. Counterfeits were common maybe they were given out to encourage migration from the old country.

Absolutely beautiful Hibernia on St. Patty's day to boot!

75* wow, now that's crazy. Was about 46* yesterday for me.

Mindblowing 1700's bucketlister Maniac 👍.
I do not have the guts to even put one of those on my list.
My best chance is a show and tell item lost at a school tot lot 😐.
Big congratulations!

,Dew

Back
Top Bottom