multi freq signal strengths

caheaton

Hello. Was browsing different detectors and noted that the White's V3i displays the signal strengths of each frequency (a useful tool for aiding in target ID). Do any other multi freq detectors offer this feature? I'm kinda surprised that Minelab hasn't offered this with the multiiq machines....

This is expected. Minelab signal processing performs much different than whites machine. They seem to utilize frequency hopping very quickly to determine the signal as opposed to 3 different recivers and taking the strongest signal like whites does.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

This is expected. Minelab signal processing performs much different than whites machine. They seem to utilize frequency hopping very quickly to determine the signal as opposed to 3 different recivers and taking the strongest signal like whites does.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

What I believe the OP means is when you pinpoint with the V3i it shows a reading for each of the 3 frequencies. Also a stenght meter for each, so if i cut a quarter size disc of aluminum one of steel and one clad or silver Quarter, it will show which frequency recieves the stongest signal. So if it was aluminium( or gold) the 22.5 would show the strongest, a steel washer or blank would respond closer to the 14k and if it was silver ir copper the 7.5 whould show the stonggest. You can dig nickles this way easy caust the 14 and 22.5 are even and if it was a pull tab the 22.5 would be.

Attachments

• 91mt-YB07FL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    91mt-YB07FL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 237
Big Treble is correct. That's the feature that I find most intriguing....the ability to discern the likelihood of metal type based on the differing signal strengths of each frequency. Seems like a very useful feature...

Big Treble is correct. That's the feature that I find most intriguing....the ability to discern the likelihood of metal type based on the differing signal strengths of each frequency. Seems like a very useful feature...

This is the question I've struggled with for quite a while. With this feature , in a dirt environment , you have TIME. The target isn't going anywhere. The beach , with tides and surf , TIME is my competition (or enemy).
That 1 or 2 minutes (or whatever) while you are scrolling through your screen reading and asking yourself "if I should dig it" , instead already have dug it out of the ground in that time ? But obviously scooping the sand and digging a plug 10" deep is night and day.

This is the question I've struggled with for quite a while. With this feature , in a dirt environment , you have TIME. The target isn't going anywhere. The beach , with tides and surf , TIME is my competition (or enemy).
That 1 or 2 minutes (or whatever) while you are scrolling through your screen reading and asking yourself "if I should dig it" , instead already have dug it out of the ground in that time ? But obviously scooping the sand and digging a plug 10" deep is night and day.

This happens automatically on the pinpoint screen, just pull the trigger. No loss of time, unless you dont pinpoint, which in itself can cause a loss of time.

Hands down saves time because it really eliminates digging falsing iron. Which keeps you on the goodies. Remember you cant be digging silver if your digging trash

This happens automatically on the pinpoint screen, just pull the trigger. No loss of time, unless you dont pinpoint, which in itself can cause a loss of time.

Hands down saves time because it really eliminates digging falsing iron. Which keeps you on the goodies. Remember you cant be digging silver if your digging trash

Thanks. Good info. Does this work well on heavy trash sites where masking obscures deeper targets ?

The analysis features of the V3i, degrades a lot after 6" depth. The Whites moderator himself was who I read this from, years ago. I use polar plot a lot with my V3i though. It just ain't perfect. jm2c

Thanks. Good info. Does this work well on heavy trash sites where masking obscures deeper targets ?

Mmmmm pretty decent, as far as i can tell. I quit digging the junk signals, nut i would say about 85-90-% of the time if you get a stong 7.5 you have a high conductor dont dig the 22.5 signals anymore to honestly say i missed anything, if you know what i mean.

Now Martin is right the Analysis screen (polar plot and sizing) effectiveness dwindles rapidly after 6"'s but the pinpoint screen i believe feels good and accurate to me at 8". Never put too much faith in the polar plot or sizing analysis anyway.

Back
Top Bottom