Garrett Propointer

SilverSlayer98

I have always used a Garrett Propointer AT and loved it never having any issues. I recently purchased an AT Max used that came with a black Garrett Propointer. (Not the Propointer II) I let her use my Propointer AT because the black one just doesn't reach nearly as deep. You have to be almost touching it for it to go off. Is this normal and they've just improved that much or is there something wrong with it and if so does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it reach deeper into the dirt?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have always used a Garrett Propointer AT and loved it never having any issues. I recently purchased an AT Max used that came with a black Garrett Propointer. (Not the Propointer II) I let her use my Propointer AT because the black one just doesn't reach nearly as deep. You have to be almost touching it for it to go off. Is this normal and they've just improved that much or is there something wrong with it and if so does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it reach deeper into the dirt?

You traded a better pinpointer for an older one why?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The propointer II does have better sensitivity to targets and also gets better depth. I sometimes use the original one to dig targets in sensitive areas, meaning that I only want to pop out the shallow targets, not dig a hole. It's fast and keeps the sensitive fields open to hunting with no complaints from grounds keepers.

You traded a better pinpointer for an older one why?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I still have both but I let my girlfriend use my better one because I want her to have as good of a time as possible. I also want her to be able to find her targets herself so I don't have to stop swinging every time she wants to dig a target because the crappy Propointer isn't sensitive enough.

The propointer II does have better sensitivity to targets and also gets better depth. I sometimes use the original one to dig targets in sensitive areas, meaning that I only want to pop out the shallow targets, not dig a hole. It's fast and keeps the sensitive fields open to hunting with no complaints from grounds keepers.
Mine won't even pick up the surface targets unless they are literally directly on the surface or just under the grass

Mine won't even pick up the surface targets unless they are literally directly on the surface or just under the grass

That sounds like a problem with the pinpointer, contact Garrett and see how much for them to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like a problem with the pinpointer, contact Garrett and see how much for them to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried to fix it myself and ended up breaking it due to something stupid lol. I forgot to push the button down when reinstalling it in the housing and ripped it off. Guess it's time to get a new one.

I tried to fix it myself and ended up breaking it due to something stupid lol. I forgot to push the button down when reinstalling it in the housing and ripped it off. Guess it's time to get a new one.

Really sucks too being in college means it'll be a bit till I can afford a new one.

...and if so does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it reach deeper into the dirt?

I’ve been using a technique where I place my hand digger blade along the barrel of my Propointer II to increase the detection range of the device. It’s easy to do and works fantastically for pinpointing and recovering deeper targets - I often wonder how I got along before I learned it was possible. Several variations on how to do it are listed in this thread:
Forum thread: Increasing the Sensitivity (Signal Reach) of a Pin-Pointer.

with the original pro pointer I used a dime. Place it just in front of the on off switch/ Then move it forward until the pointer beeps. Back off just a little and you have super tuned the pointer.

Back
Top Bottom