Ordered a STAVR - Must read before you order!

TheCoilist

Elite Member
So I just ordered a Stavr EVROEXCAVATOR-2 v.22.

Went to the site, found the one I had been looking at, it said "Available" above the add to cart icon. So I added it and proceeded to check out. There is no actual check out, just a place to put in your information and an agreeing to finalize order button (essentially). Did all of that and received two emails.

Email 1 was indicating my order had been placed. Email 2 was indicating that my order was back ordered. I figured it was a fluke that it was available, but I placed the order anyway.

Then came the tricky part. Payment. I had previously talked via email with Stav. R about payment. I followed the western union link he sent me and did payment online. I do not have a Western Union near me so I paid the $10.00 fee to have it "ready in minutes". There is no fee if you do 1-3 days, HOWEVER, you MUST go in to do that transaction according to the website.

So, take into account that extra $10.00 for the scoop if you order and pay via Western Union.

Next, the issue I have with Western Union is the setup to send money. I sent money, input the required data it asked for that only consisted of receivers first and last name and country. It didn't ask for any more information. It did not ask me for receivers email address or contact info. That's kind of weird in my opinion. It does give you a payment tracking number which is good.

I have only seen a couple of complaints around about the western union process for ordering these scoops specifically. So I will keep my fingers crossed and keep you guys updated with any problems and time frames on the product backorder/delivery.

Im one of those that wasnt to happy with WU on line and wont use them again. At least if you run into problems he now has someone who can help you out by taking pay pal. BUT.... the scoops are nicely made and worth every penny. really light and very well put together. Id go thru the hassle again.:lol:

Dew

I agree with Dew....if you can wait it out, the Starvr is one awesome scoop. Not too big....not too small....built like a tank. I love mine !!!!

I really hope your transaction goes smoother than mine did. I am sure mine was the one in 1,000, but in the end the Stavr has turned out to be a great scoop. The WU aftermath was a nightmare for me.

You have nothing to worry about, infact I ordered a Evroex 2.2 last week and had the same process as you described with the autonotifications, I went to a place that has Moneygram (Similar to W.U.) sent the money (as you mentioned too, only name, last name and country is required, because Ruslan only needs to show an official ID to retrieve money in any W.U. place or Moneygram in my case) in the "Notes" while sending the money I only told the person who was attending me to write "Order XXX" and nothing more, money was sent, I took a picture of my reciept, emailed it to Ruslan and got my tracking # in couple of days.

As for right now, 30/Aug/13 3:20 pm the package is in Kiev (Ukraines capital) moved from Odessa, so it's on it's way!

I rather wait some time and get one of the best recomended scoops so far, worth the time and hassle.

Ruslan told me he can't have a PP acct because he can only send money, can't recieve through PP, anyway ... it's not THAT bad doing the Moneygram / W.U. method, you just need to get out of home ... lol

GL and HH.

You got off easy with only a 10.00 fee from W.U.
I used my credit card and was hit with a cash advance fee,another 10 bucks!:mad:
So I paid off my balance and dumped that credit card.:D

I really hope your transaction goes smoother than mine did. I am sure mine was the one in 1,000, but in the end the Stavr has turned out to be a great scoop. The WU aftermath was a nightmare for me.

Slaw, I did read about your issues. You are the one I was referencing. :shock:

Im one of those that wasnt to happy with WU on line and wont use them again. At least if you run into problems he now has someone who can help you out by taking pay pal. BUT.... the scoops are nicely made and worth every penny. really light and very well put together. Id go thru the hassle again.:lol:

Dew

Did you post about it on here? I don't think I read it, but would like to....

You have nothing to worry about, infact I ordered a Evroex 2.2 last week and had the same process as you described with the autonotifications, I went to a place that has Moneygram (Similar to W.U.) sent the money (as you mentioned too, only name, last name and country is required, because Ruslan only needs to show an official ID to retrieve money in any W.U. place or Moneygram in my case) in the "Notes" while sending the money I only told the person who was attending me to write "Order XXX" and nothing more, money was sent, I took a picture of my reciept, emailed it to Ruslan and got my tracking # in couple of days.

As for right now, 30/Aug/13 3:20 pm the package is in Kiev (Ukraines capital) moved from Odessa, so it's on it's way!

I rather wait some time and get one of the best recomended scoops so far, worth the time and hassle.

Ruslan told me he can't have a PP acct because he can only send money, can't recieve through PP, anyway ... it's not THAT bad doing the Moneygram / W.U. method, you just need to get out of home ... lol

GL and HH.

That makes me feel better. I used my credit card for the purchase. Western Union CLAIMS if funds aren't transfered or picked up it's refundable... but I used my CC for extra protection instead of say my debit card. I have my fingers crossed they don't try and screw me.

BTW, I am not referring to STAVR in a negative light by any means. Simply WU process of this whole thing makes me uneasy.

You got off easy with only a 10.00 fee from W.U.
I used my credit card and was hit with a cash advance fee,another 10 bucks!:mad:
So I paid off my balance and dumped that credit card.:D

Oh... hmm I haven't checked my credit card transaction yet from the bank. It hasn't posted yet.

I didn't have any problem with WU dealing with them direct. All the problems I've heard about was about dealing with them online.

My scoops were held up in the New York Customs longer then they were to arrive in the US. Can't blame Ruslan for that.

I can honestly say they are worth the wait and feel you won't be sorry you ordered one. IMHO

It'll be fine. Yeah, WU is a bit of a hassle but it isn't too bad. I heard that, because the Ukraine is a very large drug supplier for the world they cannot receive Paypal payments (though they can send them). Sucks for honest guys like Ruslan who are forced to use less convenient payment methods for their businesses...anyhow, you're gonna love the scoop!

I've been using a TREX and its a great scoop. Just looking to get something to expand the arsenal. If it becomes my primary scoop... So be it! :)

I was going to buy one off of ebay, which I would have been comfortable with. I searched sold auctions for Stavr Scoop and one came up. So I emailed him and asked that I would like to buy the exact one from the "sold" auction. He promptly responded and said he could put one up for me. He communicated swiftly and said he had some others odrers to fill and would get to mine. Meanwhile I was itching to get out on the beach and not wait 2 weeks or however long it takes, so I ordered a T-Rex wet sand scoop and had it the next day, and I love it.

So just an FYI, ebay seems a better way to do this transaction. And from reading in these forums they seem to be worth the wait. Maybe I will run into someone in the AC area here and we can compare?

I woke up this morning and got an email from Stav. R. He said he received the required info and my order. They were on back order 2-3 weeks. So far no issues. I can wait a couple weeks. Ill keep you posted.

Got a notice from Western Union saying that payment was picked up. I also received an email from Stav. R. He said he had received his payment. We are rocking and rolling! I am excited... I am still on a rush from this past weekends finds, so this makes this monday even better! Woo woo

Got a notice from Western Union saying that payment was picked up. I also received an email from Stav. R. He said he had received his payment. We are rocking and rolling! I am excited... I am still on a rush from this past weekends finds, so this makes this monday even better! Woo woo

told ya there was nothing to worry about :thumbsup:

I agree with Dew....if you can wait it out, the Starvr is one awesome scoop. Not too big....not too small....built like a tank. I love mine !!!!

Same here. Yes it takes time yes WU payment sucks. But in my opinion there is no better scoop for me.

Credit Card posted, and there was no additional fees or charges for using WU on the credit card on my banks side. So all is well thus far. Will be keeping an eye on it though as some have mentioned.

Still waiting. Keeping this up to date as real time as possible. No update on their system, no word of product in stock.

Back
Top Bottom