The Curse Of Oak Island

They can't do everything all at once, the show would end too quick that way. They gotta do what ever it takes to stretch it out. I think they should send Tony Beets down there. He would "BEEP"whip them into "BEEP" shape in no"BEEPIN" time.:laughing::laughing:

That is my thinking. Of course no matter when they actually dig the hole, we won't see it until next season. I just can't figure out why they haven't done it already.

Cliff

The thing is even if the hole is empty, they will just say the treasure must be somewhere else on the island. Even if they dug the entire island down to 500ft and found nothing, they would still say treasure was there, just at 600ft instead. It's one of those things, that no matter how much proof you show someone, you can't change their mind. I'm interested to see what's in the cavern, I wish they would have sent a camera down instead, from the pictures the old guy took the water look clear enough to take pics before, and that was with 1970's technology, I'm sure with modern camera's and lighting systems they could easily send something down to photograph the cavern. Hopefully if there was anything placed in there it was sealed in something, otherwise it may have been destroyed by centuries of ocean water. You also have to take into account that over the past 40 years god knows what may have fell down that pipe and into the cavern, some of the items could be modern items that collapsed in there. They said the box shaped object was 4 foot long, but was the height and width small enough to fit in the 18in shaft? I wonder how many seasons they plan to drag this dig out for?

Fall 2017 and here we go again. Scoundrel's buddy Gary Drayton doing some detecting today as well ;):yes::grin:

Parker Schnabel from that gold mining show would have dug that whole island 200 ft deep in a weekend.

That Vincent avator is a real treasure:lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 270
Who all believes there is actually "Something" at or under Oak Island?

Only what they plant... show is truly a waste of time... I was bored last night so I clicked on it for 10 minutes that I will never get back... :roll:

Who all believes there is actually "Something" at or under Oak Island?

The real treasure if there was any has been gone for at least 100 years and the finder kept his mouth shut as he should have. The Only thing they will find now are like Cfmct said what they plant.

Hooked, But Eyes Open

I will continue to watch, i remember reading the Readers Digest story when i was a kid at my grandparents house. People seem to want this to be a simple find, well that is not how things go real world. Here on the Outer Banks of North Carolina we have had a little mystery of our own, and it has been investigated for many decades, and only now, through kid of a fluke are we making any real progress, and yes it seems for every step forward, there is also that backwards one. Being a romantic at heart, as well as a historian, i love the appeal of a Templar connection, but the true benefit of the show, IMO, is the methods being shown. Much of this we should be adding to our arsenal when we detect on new territory, including scientific methods can only make all of us better and more effective in the field.

Just glad I only started watching last year and not in 2014 when it started :laughing: Pretty much the same as other "entertainment" shows. Some of the others are a little worse IMO but I guess don't drag on as long:

Carribean Pirate Treasure with Philippe Cousteau - never actually seem to find anything in the 30 mins of show. A few almosts and maybes and thats it.

Expedition Unknown - Sometimes entertaining, most times is the same as other shows - hints clues and maybes all around.

But atleast Oak Island has the famous Mr. Drayton :grin:

Oak Island was what first got me interested in treasure Hunting and metal detecting. I cut an ad out of a Mechanics Illustrated when I was a boy and got a free pamphlet about it. I used it to make a book report about it in school. I followed stories about it over the years but now that television has got a hold of it, I have lost interest in it. I was more disappointed that Forged in Fire was replaced.

Nope. Not watching and have never watched. I have absolutely no interest in "Reality" shows that have absolutely nothing to do with reality.

Another season, another old nail. :waiting:

I find the same junk on WA state beaches (other than the 1700s coins, which mysteriously seem to look really good for dug coins).

Maybe the money pit is really over here and I'm just not digging deep enough? :jawdrop:

Franklin D. Roosevelt was a follower of Oak Island..it is interesting all the same.
I think a few investors seemed to make logic, like the driller who kept it a secret that there was gold flakes on the deep drill bits. He went bust also.
If treasure it is long gone. Would be a good tourist attraction if in the area.

oj/bc

Another season, another old nail. :waiting:

I find the same junk on WA state beaches (other than the 1700s coins, which mysteriously seem to look really good for dug coins).

Maybe the money pit is really over here and I'm just not digging deep enough? :jawdrop:

ROFL on that last line :lol::laughing:

Everybody knows it wasn't the freemasons. It was the Opus Dei and the treasure didn't come from Morro Castle in Cuba, it was the stash amassed over the years by the Knights Templar. ;)

After the Knights Templar went underground and disappeared from the scene, they became the Freemasons.

Franklin D. Roosevelt was a follower of Oak Island..it is interesting all the same.
I think a few investors seemed to make logic, like the driller who kept it a secret that there was gold flakes on the deep drill bits. He went bust also.
If treasure it is long gone. Would be a good tourist attraction if in the area.

oj/bc

They do tours and visits by invitation :) Notice some of the plaques near the new drill sites

Read about it in Readers Digest many years ago. Interesting but I’ll be really surprised if they ever really find something. Too much like the movies GOONIES. Don’t think they had the technology back then

Back
Top Bottom