• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Scoop Contest Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well people can still guess if they want to but WE HAVE our VERY FIRST contestant for the big prize.

3.14R8, hit the number right on the head at 177. Congrats. You are now entered into the final contest starting April 9th.

3.14R8, you can also start guessing again on Saturday for another spot in the top 20.

Congrats again and GOOD LUCK!!

New day and new number starts at 12am eastern time Tuesday. ANY guesses before 12am will be void and your chance for that day will be forfeited.

Any more guesses today will be laughed at by most who have read the rules!!

However today's guesses will still be valid for today until 10PM eastern.

these contest rules are confusing
I see I'm not the only one

Attachments

• Capturezz.jpg
    Capturezz.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 297
There are still another possible 4 winners for today. It's 5 each day if I understood correctly. There are still another 4 random numbers to be guessed.

Well, Felix, according to Dee's Bold RED Font,, obviously ya didnt! But go ahead and guess away until 10PM as the Blue Mega font advises!! Pie Are Eight hit it right on the head, so If I were you, I'd guess "177" and see what happens? :laughing::laughing:

WOW. My rules are that bad?

Number is between 1 and 200
New number every day for 20 days
Only one guess per day
Person closest to the number is entered into final contest
You have to have posted on the Beach and Water section sometime before March 15th
If we have a tie (one under and one over) both people win. However if two people guess the same number the first one wins.
No guessing between 10 and 12 eastern time. You are disqualified if you do.

This is all you need to know for the first phase of the contest. If you win you will be qualified for the second and final phase.

Well... when you're working with people who dig looking for pulltabs... you can't expect much for smarts... :laughing: This is why pirates needed maps for their treasure... :p You can't just tell em' it's under the big tree with the carving "dig here" inscribed in to it!

Well people can still guess if they want to but WE HAVE our VERY FIRST contestant for the big prize.

3.14R8, hit the number right on the head at 177. Congrats. You are now entered into the final contest starting April 9th.

3.14R8, you can also start guessing again on Saturday for another spot in the top 20.

Congrats again and GOOD LUCK!!

New day and new number starts at 12am eastern time Tuesday. ANY guesses before 12am will be void and your chance for that day will be forfeited.

Any more guesses today will be laughed at by most who have read the rules!!

However today's guesses will still be valid for today until 10PM eastern.

WOW. My rules are that bad?

Number is between 1 and 200
New number every day for 20 days
Only one guess per day
Person closest to the number is entered into final contest
You have to have posted on the Beach and Water section sometime before March 15th
If we have a tie (one under and one over) both people win. However if two people guess the same number the first one wins.
No guessing between 10 and 12 eastern time. You are disqualified if you do.

This is all you need to know for the first phase of the contest. If you win you will be qualified for the second and final phase.

So....

The number is drawn at 12:00AM, but any numbers guessed before 12:00Am are invalid? So we're guessing what number has already been drawn, unlike a lottery, where you guess your number, and then the numbers are drawn?

And then each day's guessing ends once someone guesses the number that has already been drawn. So if someone at 12:01AM tonight guesses the number that was drawn at 12:00am, the contest for that day is over.

So really, it's a guess what number I drew, not a guess what number will be drawn.

Is that correct?

Yes, the rules were explained that poorly. I don't think anyone knew or understood that we would be guessing a number that had already been drawn. Could you imagine if a state lottery was done that way?

And if I am correct, any further guesses for today are pointless? And any guesses from 10pm to 12AM are invalidated?

So....

The number is drawn at 12:00AM, but any numbers guessed before 12:00Am are invalid? So we're guessing what number has already been drawn, unlike a lottery, where you guess your number, and then the numbers are drawn?

And then each day's guessing ends once someone guesses the number that has already been drawn. So if someone at 12:01AM tonight guesses the number that was drawn at 12:00am, the contest for that day is over.

So really, it's a guess what number I drew, not a guess what number will be drawn.

Is that correct?

Yes, the rules were explained that poorly. I don't think anyone knew or understood that we would be guessing a number that had already been drawn. Could you imagine if a state lottery was done that way?

Yes you are right. Numbers have already been selected. HOWEVER, myself and the owner of this forum have them. So there is absolutely NO CHANCE I could or would cheat anyone out of a chance to win.

I am sorry I didn't think it out good enough. I really tried.

That's ok, it's just backwards from what I think most people expected.

So the best time to guess would be at midnight, for that day's number. Got it!

That's ok, it's just backwards from what I think most people expected.

So the best time to guess would be at midnight, for that day's number. Got it!

If you are lucky enough to guess right on the number at midnight! If not the closest to the number for the day will qualify and if there is a tie, a person over the number and a person under the number they both qualify for the day.

However if a person hits it dead on, that person is the winner for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom