• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Where Would You Hunt?

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
Not many finds to post lately, so I thought I would contribute with this photo of our October tides. With the full moon this week, our tides are going from a 5' high to -2" low. This photo was taken last Thursday at ~2" low tide.

October Tide.jpg

Note the seaweed in the two scallops in the foreground, but nothing in the scallop beyond. The scallop beyond is indicative of a rip current where the seaweed is being pulled back out to sea. I hunted that area from the cut down to the water looking for a repeatable pattern of targets with the CZ and T-Rex. The sand was smooth, but firm with no pebbles. Not many targets; the ocean just wasn't ready to give it up. Next time, I'll get the better of it!

That pictures looks like most of my beaches right now... the sand is in the process of being pulled out and pretty much everything is sanded in at the moment. Need a week of big waves to hurry the process up...

I would hunt the top of the slope, between the small cut and the kelp.

That pictures looks like most of my beaches right now... the sand is in the process of being pulled out and pretty much everything is sanded in at the moment. Need a week of big waves to hurry the process up...

I would hunt the top of the slope, between the small cut and the kelp.

Today, no seaweed. The cuts were a bit larger... Up to four foot in some areas, but most about 18". I tried the cuts and shallow water... $0.28, a button, bling earring, and a small piece of chain over three hours.

The tides have been good, but we have had hardly any sand movement. Main Beach needs a good South to South-West swell combined with some high tides to get down to anything good! Come on winter storms!!:D
Hit Main after the Band Review and did OK on clad in the dry.

The tides have been good, but we have had hardly any sand movement. Main Beach needs a good South to South-West swell combined with some high tides to get down to anything good! Come on winter storms!!:D
Hit Main after the Band Review and did OK on clad in the dry.

Hey Invisible Man! :fright:... Good to see you were able to get out.

I hit it early Sunday morning and pulled ~$8.50 in clad after Saturday's competition. There were a lot of folks in the water behind the stage on Saturday, so after a couple hours on the east end of the stage, I moved to the wet sand and heard only crickets. After about an hour in the wet I went back to hunt the dry on the west side of the stage before my free parking ran out. No silver. No gold. No bling. No "What's it". Just clad and trash. Of the ~$8.50 I dug 80 pennies :mad: But $8.50 is a good clad day. :D

That's about what I did Sat Eve. Went back Sun Eve and not much left, you must of got it all!!;):D Met a guy, Greg I think, who lurks here but not a member. Said to tell you he is the long haired guy you met and thought was ME! Heck, I haven't seen long hair in over 20 years!!:laughing::laughing:

That's about what I did Sat Eve. Went back Sun Eve and not much left, you must of got it all!!;):D Met a guy, Greg I think, who lurks here but not a member. Said to tell you he is the long haired guy you met and thought was ME! Heck, I haven't seen long hair in over 20 years!!:laughing::laughing:

So... you seeded my hunt with pennies did you? :p

Greg... Yup... I met him in May/June... before I met you. If I remember, he specializes in motorcycle oils.

Good to see you're getting out.

Back
Top Bottom