Xcall first hunt

L.I.Digga

Forum Supporter
Got to the beach just in time for low tide hunted a few hours just getting used to the new setup.It was so nice not to have all the chatter im used to with my AT.What a change turning up the power instead of turning it down.Love the setup only part im not crazy about are them cheezy headphones....Man them things are a joke im gonna try those gel pads guys use see if it gets better.Other than that didnt find anything special but i had so much fun cant wait for tomorrows tide....:D

Attachments

• 20131019_170410.jpg
    20131019_170410.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 20131019_192624.jpg
    20131019_192624.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 266
You have to start somewhere ;) That beach looks pretty flat and dismal.. not my kind of beach to hunt ;) decent first hunt and no nasty beaver tails yet that sound so good ;)

Well settings i was doing alot of playing around being that i wanna learn what it all does.After awhile i settled on Volume on max due to the mickey mouse headphones and loud surf.I had Disc set on 1...the threshold as low as i could and still hear it.The sensitivity on 7-9 some spots on the beach i could even use 10 then i would hit an area where it would false then ide drop it down a bit.I was using Disc to hunt and when i found a hit switch to pin point to dig it.The beach was pretty flat there was a cut from the main beach to the slope that was like a 5ft drop strait down but there wasnt to much goin on.This afternoon im gonna hit a new beac at low tide that will be completely different from yesterdays beach.We will see what happens...

That's a good first hunt with the excalibur

Nice looking setup, Good move on the GELs. Will help 100%, save the olds for you will need them if you have to return for service.

Congratulations on the new Excalibur! Love the long Anderson shaft.
How do you like the balance? What length did you purchase?
Thanks in advance!
HH

Congratulations on the new Excalibur! Love the long Anderson shaft.
How do you like the balance? What length did you purchase?
Thanks in advance!
HH
I got the 46" carbon fiber.The balance is sweet with the pods behind you its like having a counter weight get some good momentum going while u swing.Few guys on here recomended the shaft and they were right on the money glad i got it...

I got the 46" carbon fiber.The balance is sweet with the pods behind you its like having a counter weight get some good momentum going while u swing.Few guys on here recomended the shaft and they were right on the money glad i got it...
You got the best setup and settings. I see gold in your future! Good luck and I look forward to your posts.

Perfect set up but IMO there is really no need for pinpoint just watch where it Sounds off and get a good Eye for then dig, you waste way to much time switching back and forth.

Thanks Imalookin...I can feel it its coming and i cant wait...Guamcheif on todays hunt i found myself doing that more and more.Todays hunt at a new beach was surprising how few targets there were.After walking for 30min or so without a target i headed up the slope to the dry and sure enough beer cap city.Xcall working fine just not many tagets on the slope down to the waters edge.Ended up with 37 cents 5 sinkers and a junker earing that had me going for a few...Next weekend...Back to work...Good luck everbody...

I can see your headphone chord's nice and stretched out. I've got mine stretched out, on a straight shaft, adjusted the cups in different ways and they still want to fall off.

Be careful running to high of sensitivity. The xcal will null a lot of times rather than false. Every time it does that u get coil shut down.....reducing deepth until it recovers.

Try using large rubber bands wrapped around the slides to keep them slipping.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom