18K With 5 minutes to Spare!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Today was too rough to go out for a hunt on Miami Beach. I had thought about a sunrise dry sand hunt the previous evening but it didn’t happen. As the beautiful day wore on I just couldn’t bear the thought of not getting out for a hunt so I decided to head out to my “comfort beach”. I hadn’t been there for over 3 months but I can usually work it when Miami Beach is rough. I really didn’t care if I found gold or not, I just wanted to be out there for the love of the sport. I picked up Noxy for this normally trashy beach. I also saw 2 other :pirate2: out there which is a pretty rare sight for this beach. I hunted for 3 hours with few targets, and the majority of the coins coming off on an offshore sand bar when I noticed the volume on the headphones go low on Noxy. :?: I had never experienced this so I check my settings and everything seems fine. However, I noticed the battery indicator flashing. :roll: Normally I charge Noxy and Merlin after 3 hunts but I seemed to remember that the last time I charged Noxy I didn’t let it go for a full charge. I look at the time and noticed I had hunted for just over 3 hours so I start heading back in the direction of the car not knowing how much time I had left. I noticed that the detector seemed to work OK, but at significantly reduced headphone volume. It was shortly thereafter that I got a jumpy signal around “8” that the broken herringbone chain was in the scoop. Even though it was blackened, I still thought it might be 10K as this beach tarnishes gold items that have been in the water for a bit. Sometime after that I get another jumpy “17/18” signal and I’m thinking pull tab. Except when I look in the scoop :dingding: - A ROUND CIRCLE OF PERFECTION! I knew immediately by the color and the feel that there was no doubt of it being gold. I also think I sad "YES" excitedly a few times (with a possible fist pump). I now decided to keep hunting to see how much longer I could go and after 5 minutes I had my answer. :roll: At home, I see the ring has an inscription with a date and is marked 18K. Not a bad hunt when all I expected was some beautiful sunshine and some fresh air. :good:

Attachments

• 2-23-20.jpg
    2-23-20.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 584
  • 2-23-20 Ring.jpg
    2-23-20 Ring.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 574
  • 2-23-20 Fits.jpg
    2-23-20 Fits.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 579
Nice Felix... I guess you didn't get the message... if it doesn't fit over your knuckle it does count in the it fits category:D

Nice Felix... I guess you didn't get the message... if it doesn't fit over your knuckle it does count in the it fits category:D
Must I take a picture of it over the knuckle of my pinky? :p :lol:

That one fits far better than a lot of the ones that are found. 18k fits regardless of the size. Great Find Felix. And it fits far better than the plated brass ring I found yesterday.

Nice find felix!! Beautiful yellow. With current melt you just found $200 :) but you dont need me to tell you that, big congrats

Back
Top Bottom