Finally getting back out...

volksbeetle28

I took a bit of a dirt digging break over the summer due to not really being able to make nice plugs with the dry dirt. And after finally getting a good amount of rain, and with some cooler temps, the ground conditions are great for digging again. So off I went to a park I have absolutely hammered to death the past year or so. I brought the F75 and AT pro along but only used the F75 since I'm still trying to get a feel for it. For the first few hours I hunted extremely trashy sections hoping to pull something out but as you can see here, chasing some signals that had a little chirp netted me this.
9cf07ed9b267159bbb68b0b9992e17ef.jpg

I decided to move to a section that I hunted heavily with AT Pro hoping I could at least get one desirable target. Dug a few nails when I finally got a signal that sounded so good I figured it had to be a coin. I made a 5 inch plug, pulled out the pintpointer, still in the bottom of the hole. Plopped a couple more inches out and 2 pennies fell out of the dirt clod. I don't think I've ever been so excited finding 2 pennies. It didn't even bother me that they were memorials. Both were 1960 and probably lost not long after that. I was just happy to not find trash!! So I stayed in this area and made a couple more passes and found a couple bullets, three wheats, a button, and a cool lead toy. Anyone have an ID on it? No markings at all. Kids ring had me going when I saw it in the hole, but it's junk.
5a2b9ee767ef70c0e1ef39d81415fc04.jpg

56e5d6ae8f8c403e111776213c86c48e.jpg
54b1a9a3f8b139e16b37a375372fcf67.jpg

I did go on a hunt in September, same location to check the ground conditions, and found this. I thought I had my first large cent when i scraped my way down to it. Dirt-covered and green, it had me going. But still a neat coin nonetheless.
ee7b3046e21cca5fe388bd5d7e144f3c.jpg
e9a3cd8d0dcadb93ea1cb8535255b41e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow excellent finds! I like the coin with the squarenail hole in it, very cool congrats! :cool:
Thanks, I like it a lot. Almost lost it. It worked its way into the couch for a couple weeks. Doh!
Good work! That toy guy is Ram Man, from Masters Of The Universe. Collectible. Looks like a kid's paint job.
I found one like it, that sold on ebay. He is also missing the axe head, like yours.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pa...944486?hash=item25e2633d26:g:6L0AAOSws19ZhUEc

Thanks for that link. I vaguely remember he-man from way back when I was little, but I had no recollection of ram man.

Back
Top Bottom