Dan's Treasure Corner & Podcasts

dan

Elite Member
Thanks to the administrators for allowing us to talk about our wares here in this forum!

Here's my new book: http://treasuremanual.com.

I've been detecting for over 35 years. I've written for several treasure magazines and been associate editor of one.

I wrote The Metal Detecting Manual this spring, and I'm quite proud of it. I hope you'll take a minute to click on the site.

Thanks so much!

Very cool man! I might seriously consider buying your book. I have one from the Garrets, and it looks like yours has rave reviews. Good job, HH
NC

Finally received the book. It looks to be well written for the beginner. My only negative comment is the deletion of page 71 from the book- Page 73 was printed twice. Mr. Hughes added a loose page consisting of page 72, then added a note stating once the 2nd printing hits the press he would send out a free copy for $4.00 to cover S&H. But, the 2nd printing won't happen until the 1st edition sells out. That "may be quite a while", per Mr. Hughes.

Given this, I still would have ordered the book. But, I believe it is in the best interest of Mr. Hughes to highlight this info on his web page so any future customers will not be surprised and know exactly what they are getting when they purchase his book.

http://danhughesbooks.com/metaldetecting.htm

I believe it is in the best interest of Mr. Hughes to highlight this info on his web page so any future customers will not be surprised and know exactly what they are getting when they purchase his book.

Thanks, Rod. I've debated doing just that, but I decided not to, because I was afraid it would keep people from reading the book in the first place.

As you yourself say, after seeing what is covered in the book, you would still have ordered the book, even with the problem page.

But, would you have chanced ordering it at all if you knew of the situation before you ordered?

Let me make this offer: Tell me how much money you think the value of the book is lessened by the page problem, and I'll be glad to PayPal it back to you. No hard feelings, honest!

And thanks for the kind words about the contents.

Thanks, Rod. I've debated doing just that, but I decided not to, because I was afraid it would keep people from reading the book in the first place.

As you yourself say, after seeing what is covered in the book, you would still have ordered the book, even with the problem page.

But, would you have chanced ordering it at all if you knew of the situation before you ordered?

Let me make this offer: Tell me how much money you think the value of the book is lessened by the page problem, and I'll be glad to PayPal it back to you. No hard feelings, honest!

And thanks for the kind words about the contents.

Hi Dan,

I just sent you an email indicating that I posted this on the forum.

I had the feeling that you thought it would deter folks from purchasing it and mentioned that in my email.

Would I have still purchased it? YOU BETCHA! Because I believe you have a lot to offer for us beginners.

I don't believe it will deter folks from purchasing if you are open and honest up front about it. That will simply speak volumes of your character.

I have no interest in receiving any type of refund, because I believe the advice you have to offer through the pages of your book will be well worth it.

My only request is that you let your customers know of the deletion before they decide to purchase your book. It's simply the right thing to do.

Take care!

Dan,

I just finished reading your manual and found it quite educational from the perspective of an amateur. From what is written, it seems like even seasoned detectorists should pick up a tip, two, or few from within its pages. Nicely written, and recommended to all!

Regards,
Rod

Hi Dan!

Your name sounds very familar. Did you post on the Prodigy.com Metal detecting website in the early 1990's?

I sure did! That was before the internet existed, or at least before we knew anything about it.

Two other guys - Fred Wagner and Greg Brown - and I were on that board a lot. I'm still in touch with Fred, but Greg dropped out when a big earthquake in California damaged his home (1992 maybe?) and I never heard from him again.

Wish I had all the notes I'd posted on that board. I could probably write another book from them.

Thanks for remembering!

Hello Dan! You were the most helpful person on that board! You really took the time out to help us! I am sure you could have wrote another book with all you great advise! I went to your website to see what you have been up to. I found out that your wife belongs to the same Low carb website that I have belonged to since 2003! They are, like here, real nice people! Take care!

News about The Treasure Corner Podcasts

My treasure hunting podcasts (internet radio shows you can listen to anytime) are easier to listen to now. If you've tried before and your browser locked up, you can now listen without downloading anything.

If you click the pink button for each show, it will play right from the internet without having to be downloaded into your computer.

There are shows on how to deal with persistent onlookers, secrets of getting more depth, hunting yards, schools, and parks, secrets of getting permission to hunt, and a lot more.

I post a new show every other Thursday. Most of them are five minutes or less.

They are all at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

Enjoy!

---Dan, http://danhughes.net

Podcasting with Vlad and Carol (owners of this board)

It all started one year ago, with a really fun interview with Vlad and Carol, the owners of this Friendly Metal Detecting Forum.

And now, on the first anniversary of the In the Treasure Corner podcast, I look back at those early shows. I discuss what I did right, what I did wrong, which topics were the most popular, and how I was able to combine my treasure hunting hobby with my other favorite sport, slowpitch softball.

The list of the five most popular shows may surprise you, and you can listen to any of them whenever you want, right through your computer's speakers.

I want to thank everyone for the kind words about the podcasts, and the encouragement everyone has given me.

Just go here, and click the pink button for the show you want to hear:

http://thetreasurecorner.com

And stay tuned for Year Two!

Its been a year already?!?! wow! look forward to year 2 Dan, Thanks!!!

Thanks for having us Dan. That was a fun podcast (except i did too much giggling) :roll:

Back
Top Bottom