posting pictures

MDLand

I am in a social group here and I cannot post pictures in it. Where it says "post new discussion" I click on that but I don't see at the bottom where you can add attachments/picture? I see it everywhere else in the general forum where I can add pictures, but not in my social group I joined. I must be missing it? or blind..Thanks for the help!

Look at the bottom, right in your Social Groups:

Post New Discussion does not have a button to add pictures, pictures are added to social groups:

Attachments

• Social Group.JPG
    Social Group.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Past.JPG
    Past.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 102
thanks, but that still does not work for me. When I click on Add Pictures, it takes me to somewhere where I have to create an album?? That does not look right. Creating an album? is this what others are doing? I'm new!
thanks!

thanks, but that still does not work for me. When I click on Add Pictures, it takes me to somewhere where I have to create an album?? That does not look right. Creating an album? is this what others are doing? I'm new!
thanks!

You may add pictures to the Social Groups from your albums. But, you must first have your Album setup. Paste the "URL" from the picture in your album to the (Add picture URL to Social Group box).

After you create your album, you can then copy and past the URL into the Social Group. Here is a sample of my URL from my album:

Attachments

• URL.JPG
    URL.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 117
oh, ok. I will give it a try.
Wow. that is one nice colorful arrowhead! is that a reproduction? i never seen an ancient one with that many colors

Glad to see you are getting some help with the picture thing.

Posting pictures in the Social Groups is different than posting in the regular forum threads.

oh, ok. I will give it a try.
Wow. that is one nice colorful arrowhead! is that a reproduction? i never seen an ancient one with that many colors

Thank you, Yes we found it here it's not a reproduction. I took it to someone and he told me it's very old and comes from a rock called "Chert". We find lots of arrowheads around here but I only have found a hand full so far.

Good Luck with the picture, if you get stuck post here again.

nice find!
I just posted in headstamps social group. It posted the URL and will take you into another window to see the shell. I wanted it to be right below my comment like the other folks! I guess I need more help!:(

nice find!
I just posted in headstamps social group. It posted the URL and will take you into another window to see the shell. I wanted it to be right below my comment like the other folks! I guess I need more help!:(

I don't see your Album in your profile. It should look like this...

Attachments

• Album.JPG
    Album.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 103
To Add A Album in your profile:

1) From the Forums main menu click on (Quick Links) Select <Edit Options>
2) Then look on the left side of the Forums screen and under (Your Control Panel) under the (Networking) section, click on <Pictures & Albums>
3) Then Create Albums. Then you should be able to upload pictures to your Album.
4) Now you should be able to add the URL from the picture in your Album to your Social Group. First click on your Album and click on the picture you want to add to your Social Group, then copy the URL: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2269342#post2269342
5) Now add past the picture URL listed in your Album to your Social Group:
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2269313#post2269313
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Options.JPG
    Options.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Control Panel.jpg
    Control Panel.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 105
thanks again! I appreciate you walking me through this, I feel like a boob..lol
Anyhow, I think I posted a pic. I previously had the album marked as" Private"
now I changed it to "public". I think now you can view it. I had it private because I was going to add some extra photos and choose the best one to post. I guess I cannot do that?
Keith!
(posted in headstamp hunters)

thanks again! I appreciate you walking me through this, I feel like a boob..lol
Anyhow, I think I posted a pic. I previously had the album marked as" Private"
now I changed it to "public". I think now you can view it. I had it private because I was going to add some extra photos and choose the best one to post. I guess I cannot do that?
Keith!
(posted in headstamp hunters)

Yes, I can see your album now. NICE 12 ga PETERS! I see why you are so excited to add that puppy to the Social Group.

Back
Top Bottom