• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

CTX 3030 or Etrac is a no go this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never expected for this thread to become so popular. Man I feel like a star now lol. Learned a lot in this thread tho. thanks everyone even the minelab clique :roll:

I'm going to put my 2 cents in.
I know none of you and have probably never even talked to any of you before. I just recently made my first real big purchase a top of the line detector. I started with a Whites coin master pro and now i just bought a Minlab CTX 3030. Yes that is right i said Minelab. But here is my look on it. I am a newbie and very new. I don't see the need to bash one or the other or even talk down about on or the other. If you do not like a specific model then by all means spend your money on what you want and what works best for you and your area.

Now everyone had their own opinion of course but its how you broadcast your opinion that matters. So you hate a Minelab or you hate a whites or whatever it might be.

The whites i had was ok not great and not expensive. If someone was to ask me if i would recommend it to them i would simply tell them my pros and cons about the machine and let them make the decision on their own. THEIR OWN b/c they are the ones who have worked hard for their money.

The way i see it unless your buying the detect for them then you don't really have much room to talk about how much of a mistake they are making. If it turns out to be a mistake then so be it, but remember one thing. Where you hunt is nothing like where i hunt unless you live in my area..

That's a lot of 2 cents so i guess i should have started off with im going to give my dollars worth. HAHA

I'm going to put my 2 cents in.
I know none of you and have probably never even talked to any of you before. I just recently made my first real big purchase a top of the line detector. I started with a Whites coin master pro and now i just bought a Minlab CTX 3030. Yes that is right i said Minelab. But here is my look on it. I am a newbie and very new. I don't see the need to bash one or the other or even talk down about on or the other. If you do not like a specific model then by all means spend your money on what you want and what works best for you and your area.

Now everyone had their own opinion of course but its how you broadcast your opinion that matters. So you hate a Minelab or you hate a whites or whatever it might be.

The whites i had was ok not great and not expensive. If someone was to ask me if i would recommend it to them i would simply tell them my pros and cons about the machine and let them make the decision on their own. THEIR OWN b/c they are the ones who have worked hard for their money.

The way i see it unless your buying the detect for them then you don't really have much room to talk about how much of a mistake they are making. If it turns out to be a mistake then so be it, but remember one thing. Where you hunt is nothing like where i hunt unless you live in my area..

That's a lot of 2 cents so i guess i should have started off with im going to give my dollars worth. HAHA

do we get change back??
lol just kiddin'

I would love to try out the V3i, the deus and a f75Se! I'm sure they are great detectors. Maybe I'll buy one of them in the near future:)

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

I would love to try out the V3i, the deus and a f75Se! I'm sure they are great detectors. Maybe I'll buy one of them in the near future:)

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

Mine would be the V3i - it looks complicated but OHHHH SO COOL. Came real close to getting one this year, but got the AT Pro instead.

Mine would be the V3i - it looks complicated but OHHHH SO COOL. Came real close to getting one this year, but got the AT Pro instead.

I couldn't wait any longer and bought one last month, don't have much time in the field with it but it is soooooo fun, it can keep you busy for hours playing around with settings, making new programs, and changing how the display looks but if you're in a hurry you can select a preset and hunt instantly. I'm liking it a lot but the real test will come when the snow melts.

I couldn't wait any longer and bought one last month, don't have much time in the field with it but it is soooooo fun, it can keep you busy for hours playing around with settings, making new programs, and changing how the display looks but if you're in a hurry you can select a preset and hunt instantly. I'm liking it a lot but the real test will come when the snow melts.

Hey coil - please remember to post your experiences with the V3i. I, like you have a Minelab background, so I am really interested to see what the learning curve is like for you.

Hey coil - please remember to post your experiences with the V3i. I, like you have a Minelab background, so I am really interested to see what the learning curve is like for you.

Will do, I think it's supposed to warm up here this week, so hopefully the snow melts. I've owned several Minelabs so I'll let you know how it goes, so far it's not bad setting it up due to the fact that I used an XLT for years also. I'll try to make some videos of it at a few of my "hunted out" cellar holes that I hit for years with CZ's, Explorers, F75's, Sov's, XLT's, and many other detectors. That will be the real test.

I have a friend in va who I hunt with and he uses a v3i. Great machine and the dd coil it comes with is awesome. However, just like the ctx3030 and dues there is a strong learning curve. I opted for the mxt-pro for its simplicity and how strong it is with the new 12" coil it comes with. Plus I bought the s.e.f coil and its now a monster.

If you are fine and up to date in tech stuff in 2014 than by all means try out the v3i. It does hold up to all the hype you hear :)

:)

:wow: Please do tell me more what ya got here.

I have a friend in va who I hunt with and he uses a v3i. Great machine and the dd coil it comes with is awesome. However, just like the ctx3030 and dues there is a strong learning curve. I opted for the mxt-pro for its simplicity and how strong it is with the new 12" coil it comes with. Plus I bought the s.e.f coil and its now a monster.

If you are fine and up to date in tech stuff in 2014 than by all means try out the v3i. It does hold up to all the hype you hear :)

:)

The MXT is my other consideration, but something about that V3i ...

The MXT is my other consideration, but something about that V3i ...

Yeah mxt is a great detector, my cousin just bought one. I like tinkering with programs and settings so I went with a v3i. The thing I enjoy is you can basically set it up to run anyway you like, everything from how it id's targets, to tone assignments, to what freq it operates at, to what color and icons are displayed on the screen. It's definitely fun, I've been messing around with relic and coin programs. What's cool is they have icon modes so you can have relic icons display when relic hunting and coin icons while coin hunting, etc. it doesn't do anything for performance but if you get a high hit relic hunting it will show a US box plate instead of say a silver dollar icon. It's a really fun detector to customize to your own taste and hunting style. Now if only I could get in the field and see how well it works In the soil. Air test wise it's the most impressive detector I've seen.

can I somehow get back the last 30 minutes I wasted reading this thread..................however, in my defense it was rather addicting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom