Grizzly Digger review

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Well Santa brought me some new goodies this year so I thought I would share my thoughts about them.

Here is the Grizzly digger from Dirt Digger Tools: http://www.dirtdiggertools.com/the-grizzly.html

If the Lesche Model 76 and Model 31 had a baby, this is what it would look like. The model 76 has the serrations for easy root cutting but has always been a pain trying to scoop dirt from the hole, the model 38 is great for scooping dirt from the hole but has no provision for cutting roots. This too does both! I have put this thing through its paces this week and it has performed excellent. Especially with this NY weather as the top 1" or so is frozen solid. I'm also recommend Buzz Wilsons Raptor styel sheath for this tool as it fits it like a glove and is easy in and out of the sheath. Here is a pic of it between the 2 Lesche models.

Last edited:
Nice review, choppa, thanks for sharing.

I use the original gator digger when it comes to hand diggers

s-l300.jpg

It is the ONLY hand digger I will use, because of the things you say. It is shovel like, and I can remove more dirt per scoop than a knife like hand digger.

This one looks like it would perform about the same, although I dig in rocky soil and would need more of a point to help get through the rocks I'd think...

Looks like a good tool!:cool::yes: I'd definitely try one...looks like a GREAT TOOL!

Choppa. Do you know if this Grizzly is still available?
the site you posted doesn't seem to work.
Thanks.
Sod.

Nice review Choppa , May find one one e- bay , ND who makes the orange one
,,,,,HH

Grizzly

PM sent Basstrackerman.
I spoke to the manufacture today and was told he may start making them again in the near future.
Very pleasant fellow at Wild West Metal Detectors.
GL&HH

Grizzly

choppa
Your a gentleman thank you.
GL&HH

Back
Top Bottom