Made a forum patch!

Vlad

Owner/Administrator
Admin
A member asked me if anyone on the forum made patches, I offered to make one out of heavy leather I have.

Never done any of this kind of work before but it seemed doable, I watched some videos on youtube and used sketchup to design and my 3D printer to make a die.

sketchup.jpg

You put the leather in hot water to make it soft and clamp it in a vise between some blocks of wood and the die.

I wasn't too sure if the plastic die will hold up but it worked :shock:

Took 3 times to get the smaller font to print but I think it turned out pretty cool.

PM me if you want one.

picture.php

Size is 3.5x2 inches.

Made a Pirate patch :pirates:
picture.php

This one is 3x2 inches

Last edited:
You know where that would look extremely cool? Stitched onto that 'Finds Pouch' Ozarkhunter is giving away in the up coming contest! Nice work there Vlad!
Mud

That is awesome! What kind of 3D printer do you have?

Matt

I bought a used Flashforge with some issues and fixed it up. Works great now. Comes in real handy in some situations!

Way cool....how much are you asking for these neat things?

$20 shipped.

You know where that would look extremely cool? Stitched onto that 'Finds Pouch' Ozarkhunter is giving away in the up coming contest! Nice work there Vlad!
Mud

I'll be happy to send one to the winner.

Thank you guys!

A member asked me if anyone on the forum made patches, I offered to make one out of heavy leather I have.

Never done any of this kind of work before but it seemed doable, I watched some videos on youtube and used sketchup to design and my 3D printer to make a die.

View attachment 346046

You put the leather in hot water to make it soft and clamp it in a vise between some blocks of wood and the die.

I wasn't too sure if the plastic die will hold up but it worked :shock:

Took 3 times to get the smaller font to print but I think it turned out pretty cool.

PM me if you want one.

picture.php

Size is 3.5x2 inches.
What did you sketch it in cad ? And can I g t that design on a t shirt

That's pretty darn slick, Vlad! I am wondering if you have to do something to make the imprint area dark like that or does it get that way naturally? EDIT: Disregard that question. I forgot that you heat the die.

I've been eyeing a 3D printer for some time now, just waiting for the market to shake out and see who is going to be around for the long haul in terms of support.

Last edited:
Right on, nicely done! Aren't 3D printers cool??!! I have a Flashforge too and love it! My cad program of choice is Tinkercad. Super fun and easy to use. ;) Keep up the great work!

Back
Top Bottom