welding Mcgyver style.

metaladdict

Elite Member
I had to try welding my beat up steel scoop so I used jumper cables and vise grips to hold some coat hanger. I used my car battery to weld but the wire is a bit too thick. It kinda worked but if I had thinner wire it might actually work well.

Oh my...

Sorry but I have to ask, is that a beach scoop? It looks more like a modern art sculpture, or a tetanus shot..

I like the idea though, I wonder how strong it could be, must be contaminated without shielding gasses..

<°)))>{

:laughing:It was a free scoop. I think made by scoops unlimited. My sis gave it to me. Darn I just broke off the handle and left that part in the garbage can at the beach.
Oh my...

Sorry but I have to ask, is that a beach scoop? It looks more like a modern art sculpture, or a tetanus shot..

I like the idea though, I wonder how strong it could be, must be contaminated without shielding gasses..

<°)))>{

All I can say there macgyver is you had better watch your battery when trying as such as your doing.

Meaning battery could explode and blind you or burn you.
And the explosion can indeed be very powerful

A bud of mine had a tractor battery go a few weeks ago. The damage done was unbelievable--- great force.

Yes , I'd definetly be careful with that Mcgyver stuff , it always worked good on TV , but I think you might be taking a chance at home with that , without some precautions . On another note , I believe you might ought to start the ugliest scoop contest , you might have a winner there . :lol: Don't get me wrong , I'm not knocking you for the use of your equipment , I always say , " I'd rather have functionality over looks ". But I would like to see a pic of the full scoop .

Wow, yes, get a tetanus shot, but it is a scoop... Looks like a water hunt find...

<°)))>{

Maybe needs a little more welding (coat hanger) rod on that baby and like new again:D !!! What do ya say !!

Back
Top Bottom