Pray for Paris

This stuff just keeps happening.:no: What the world needs to do is realize is that we are all humans. Sure there are the bad ones, but most are generally good and willing to help. Anyone who has done a lot of traveling in their country of origin or other countries can attest to that.

When it comes down to it, its one world, not a bunch of seperate countries that are made up of imaginary lines.

Prayers are nice, but I'd rather send a message to Raqqa using B-52s and B-1s. This is going to get messy and it's going to take a while, unless we (the civilized west) want to surrender. I have my doubts whether there is any will to fight in the west.

Prayers are nice, but I'd rather send a message to Raqqa using B-52s and B-1s. This is going to get messy and it's going to take a while, unless we (the civilized west) want to surrender. I have my doubts whether there is any will to fight in the west.

I agree. This might be enough to wake France (and I hope more of Europe and the US) up to the threat they pose. Looks like France might be getting their act together and will likely come down hard on them.

In before the lock?

You can't bomb an ideology. It hasn't worked in the past, and it won't work this time.

Well, an argument could be made that it worked against Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

Maybe not Alan... but like Mike and Donney said, you can successfully remove the animals espousing the ideology from the picture - cutting the head off the snake so to speak...

:popcorn:

We have a debate going on here at the moment, as to whether we should join in the bombing campaign in Syria.

To be honest, I am against it. Pinpoint bombing doesn't happen as often
as the news videos would have us believe.
We saw a few laser guided missiles hitting their targets in the first Gulf
war, we also saw the results when the wrong targets were hit. Innocent
men, women and children killed.
A bombing campaign would take place from high altitude, to avoid short
range surface to air missiles, meaning that targets would difficult to
identify, and even more difficult to hit.

With Nazi Germany and Japan, you had clearly defined targets, not so
in Syria.

Then we come to "Boots on the ground". I don't think the European
(or American) public have the appetite to see more of their servicemen
coming home in bodybags. Or to see videos of their loved ones being
executed by ISIL animals.

Personally, I'd let the Russians get on with it.

Sorry for getting political on here, but you have to look at these things in the long term.

Looking at it in the long term, Russia has a history of conquest. If they establish a foothold in the middle east, I'm not the least bit certain they will leave when the job in Syria is finished. What would be next? Israel? Jordan? Egypt? The Suez canal is important to western interests, particularly Europe. Might Russia decide it is in their best interest to seize the canal? Were that to occur the west would have to confront them, otherwise it might embolden them to attempt other conquest such as re-occupying parts of Eastern Europe.

None of us wants another war in the middle east, or anywhere for that matter. Yet, getting another party involved, the Russians, will only complicate the situation further and create circumstances for an expanded conflict to develop.

They could use the prayer no doubt , but I think we need to pray for the world actually. Pray that people will wake up and realize what is going on. There is no coexisting with people who want to kill you.

There should be no home or safe place for murderers , and no place given for an ideology of fear and extermination.

The longer it takes for people to wake up the bigger the problem becomes.

They could use the prayer no doubt , but I think we need to pray for the world actually. Pray that people will wake up and realize what is going on. There is no coexisting with people who want to kill you.

There should be no home or safe place for murderers , and no place given for an ideology of fear and extermination.

I agree.

Most definitely. Well put friend.

Looking at it in the long term, Russia has a history of conquest. If they establish a foothold in the middle east, I'm not the least bit certain they will leave when the job in Syria is finished.

Russia is not the force it was, and I doubt they have an appetite for a
prolonged excursion in the Middle East.
They have though, offered to join forces with NATO troops on the ground.

I'm not sure what good troops on the ground will do ? The biggest problem
you have in these Middle Eastern conflicts, is that you don't always know
who your enemy is. They can merge in with the local population quite easily.

Back
Top Bottom