T lag bolts from playing fields?

Maybe a screw for a pitching machine, notice the t bolt for the legs
jugs_curveball_diagram.jpg

Great suggestion, but I don't think that's it...

The finds pictured, have a coarse thread, with a piloting point. (Wood or stone)

The bolt on that pitching machine would feature machine threads and not pointed...(metal)

<°)))>{

Great suggestion, but I don't think that's it...

The finds pictured, have a coarse thread, with a piloting point. (Wood or stone)

The bolt on that pitching machine would feature machine threads and not pointed...(metal)

<°)))>{

I agree, after research I realized that a bolt would be used in the machine, not a screw, which is what this T actually IS , is a screw, that screws into some other material.

I first thought maybe a concrete bolt to hold Plates in place, but thought "Well, how come every one guys are posting are concrete free?" So that idea went out the door.

My OTHER idea, is that they used Drags,.... that they drag behind a cart that levels and rakes the dirt. Made me wonder if these are from some OLD style "drag" but was unable to find any that looked the same.... but still has me wondering if that may be what these were originally?

I dunno...lol

Mine doesn't seem that old either...

Are the others found on baseball or football fields?

<°)))>{

Maybe there old style base anchors used to secure the rubber homeplate to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom