AT Pro and Coal

Keliasz

New to MD and getting odd signals and when i dig i find nothing but coal cinders. Am i missing something? I double check with a pro pointer but still nothing there but coal. Running pro zero with desc at 35, iron audio off.

Just started hunting myself. I ran across some coal and ciders yesterday. Didn't notice any tones with it. Again, I'm BRAND NEW...but you may try turning your sensitivity down a bit. From my understanding, highly mineralized soil can give you some chatter. Make sure you ground balance, too. Do this every time you hunt and/or change locations. I've been running in pro zero with iron disc 30-35, as well. Sensitivity will vary depending on where I hunt. Haven't notched anything out yet, but may try it just to see what happens. When I get a little more comfortable with my machine I'm going venture to coin mode to see what I can do. Good luck.....HH

The good and bad about cinders.

In my area old fire pits produce old coins. But the fire changed the ground balance of the soil. So yes you could be doing everything right.

I just keep ground balancing and go on, or just manually lower my GB when the soil gets too bad. Good Luck.

Many coal cinders are hot targets, there is no way that I am aware of to avoid digging them if you want to hunt for coins in an area where they are located.
19 c. houses that had coal furnaces can be a nightmare due to the old tradition of spreading the coal residue at the house site. Good luck.

Coal will display straight up and down on the xy screen, very easy to identify.

Not familiar with the xy screen on the ATP. Can you enlighten us? :laughing:

BCD

ATP ? I don't know what that is ?:?:Let me guess, you have a deus lite and not the remote ?That might be the problem ? someone will chime in in a few.I'm going to google ATP.....

untitled.jpg

Found it ,Association of tennis players ? I might be at the wrong forum.So sorry.

ATP (AT Pro). Yes, cinder areas can cause your detector to get really chatty. I believe it's from residual iron in the coal that becomes little "clinkers" when burnt. Almost sounds like EMI. Usually easy to find the coal ash dump spots.

Around the old coal towns in WV it can be really difficult to detect unless you lower sensitivity or run your disc up.

Back
Top Bottom