Hardcase for Excal

jadocs

Forum Supporter
Hey all,

Trying to get some hardcase ideas for my Excal when traveling. What do you guys use? I am not running the standard shaft, but have a Plugger 3 piece.

Thanks.

For daily use: the cases I have used and only for a short time were all a PITA. Went back to using the car or van that I was driving.
For air travel: a hard side suitcase with towels wrapped around the detectors and scoop. I like to carry-on the detectors and check a bag with the shaft and scoop. TSA has a problem with the shafts in carry-on baggage. I have also used a Zero aluminum brief case and a plastic magazine case and a backpack that were just not big enough. have to go into your checked baggage carry-on so I have now have settled on a wheeled hardside. The Plugger shaft will break down and fit nicely in a 21" (max size for a carry-on) hardside. The only problem I have had with TSA was one inspector wanted to see the battery pack. He and made me connect it to the detector then turn the detector on. He also asked the type of cells in the battery pack as he could not see them in the opaque SunRay pod I was carrying.

If you are flying: read the current TSA regulations on carrying not only batteries but other electronics aboard an aircraft, follow the regulationa and have information ready to answer any questions. Nothing could ruin a vacation faster than to have your battery pack or shaft taken at TSA screening. The inspectors know our type if detecting equipment, and they do follow the regulations.

If you are flying: read the current TSA regulations on carrying not only batteries but other electronics aboard an aircraft, follow the regulationa and have information ready to answer any questions. Nothing could ruin a vacation faster than to have your battery pack or shaft taken at TSA screening. The inspectors know our type if detecting equipment, and they do follow the regulations.

This is good advice. I think some new regulations came out within the last week that said you can take a cell phone on board, but all other electronic devices need to be checked... even iPads. Not sure if it's just international or domestic too.

R5

This is the case I use for my Excall II carbon pole and sand scoop. Works excellent!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170323-091643.jpg
    Screenshot_20170323-091643.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 91
Your welcome. I break down the coil and battery pack and just put it in my backpack. It makes for an interesting X-ray image at the airport TSA,lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom