Does This 18k Find Count ;-)

jjm861

Elite Member
Headed to one of the pounded So. Cal. beaches today. To my surprise, I found a decent 200 yard cut that produced some consistent targets. So....about 1 hour into my hunt, I was digging a signal right up next to a cut. After filling the hole, about a foot away, I see what looked like about 4 inches of a gold chain sticking out of the sand. After pulling it out of the sand and looking at it for a second, I thought it has the right color, it is not corroded and man this thing is heavy for it not to be real. Sure enough, my loop spies a nice .750 mark on the clasp. I also did an acid test just to confirm.

As we know, there is no way my detector would pick this up....but for an eyeball find, I'll take it. :D:D

Oh ya....I did dig the little silver chain and pendant:lol::lol:

Good Luck....Be Safe....Jeff.

Attachments

• IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_1262.jpg
    IMG_1262.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
Great job! Box chains like that are really heavy for their small size. :cool:

:dingding: That is a sweet, sweet chain!

If you had a detecter in your hand, it counts !

I think officially you have to wave your coil over it and if it doesn't beep you make an audible one. :yes::lol:

Why can't a Detector Pick the chain up? Or does he mean the detector actually can not pick it up ? lol

Some detectors just do not see thin chains as being there. I found a nice 14k chain with pendant with my Excalibur. Took the pendant off the chain and the Xcal did not see the chain at all. Not a sound out of the detector. The only chains that I find have something on them for the machine to be able to see.

Different detectors have vastly different capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom